Help with Manhattan 2500 DSR software Upgrade

simonjones64

Reaction score
I have a manhattan DSR2500 APCI. The system died when I downloaded the new patch from the Manhattan website.

Does anyone have an older version of the patch he can email it to me. Any other suggestions would be highly appreciated.

regards
simon

simonjones64*hotmail.com

malling

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Midlands UK
Hi mate, did you follow instructions TO THE LETTER, as this is very important. I have a Manhattan 6800 and there is very little support on the internet for the older receivers, there was an "unofficial" dutch forum and an "official" forum on the Manhattan site a while back, but these seem to have vanished. And as for older versions of firmware, I do not think you will have much luck(the newest upgrade on manhattan site is dated 2002), sorry it all seems bad news, but you could retry the upgrade by following these instructions which are for your receiver.

To upgrade your Manhattan receiver, please follow these instructions:

Important - disconnect the power to the receiver from the wall socket. Only connect the power when instructed to do so

1. Download the new software to your desktop, unzip to a new folder (eg 'UPGRADE').

2. Connect the receiver to the computer using a NULL MODEM cable.

3. Open the new folder and double click '' Upgradew'' executable file. A DOS window will appear on your computer screen indicating it's readiness to commence the download.

4. At this point you must connect the power to the receiver. The downloading process will begin automatically and the LCD front panel display on the receiver will start counting down with file number 2019, 1019, 2018, 1018 etc. When the process is complete, the DOS window on your computer screen will disappear and the LCD front panel display on your receiver will flash ''8888''

5. Disconnect the NULL MODEM cable and the mains power to the receiver. Reconnect your receiver to TV and switch on the receiver.

6. After switching on the receiver select ''SYSTEM SETTING'' and go to ''FACTORY DEFAULT SETTING'' and press OK button twice. This will reset the memory to the new software values.

7. After ''FACTORY DEFAULT'' has been activated the receiver can now be reconfigured by the user appropriately.

NB All software upgrades are carried out AT YOUR OWN RISK. Damage to receivers caused by incorrect upgrades CANNOT be the responsibility of Manhattan. Your statuatory rights are not affected.

Hope this is a little help.

Richard.

Gallix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan ST550
My Location
Italy
Have you Manhattan 2500 apci? I need it for replace my Manhattan dead...

Thank's
Angel

Gallix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan ST550
My Location
Italy
Have you Manhattan 2500 apci? I need it for replace my Manhattan dead...

Thank's
Angel

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Put a request in the wanted section of the forum. Some above you haven't been around for a while.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Put a request in the wanted section of the forum. Some above you haven't been around for a while.