Help with Manhattan Starlight 6900

nilefish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB 500 S,Strong 4622, Viasat Denmark card and receiver, Moteck 2100 Motor, Triax1.1 dish, infinty programmer, cas interface2.
My Location
South London
This receiver developed a fault (Went in into
'constant boot mode' I tried to put the power on and off but nothing change any ideas plaese

Many Thyanks

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
nilefish said:
This receiver developed a fault (Went in into
'constant boot mode' I tried to put the power on and off but nothing change any ideas plaese

Many Thyanks
I was reading a while back that you can load boot software into the receiver if the boot fails & am nealy sure it was for a Manhattan. I cant remember where i read it but just google for it with the words "bootloader" Maybe that will bring something up. If I come across it again I will copy it for you.

nilefish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB 500 S,Strong 4622, Viasat Denmark card and receiver, Moteck 2100 Motor, Triax1.1 dish, infinty programmer, cas interface2.
My Location
South London
john_graydon said:
I was reading a while back that you can load boot software into the receiver if the boot fails & am nealy sure it was for a Manhattan. I cant remember where i read it but just google for it with the words "bootloader" Maybe that will bring something up. If I come across it again I will copy it for you.

Thanks alot for replying I contacted Manhattan technichal Dep. and I got this message from them ( This could be a hardware fault with the receiver. We suspect it is the Flash EPROM that is
failing and will need replacing and re flashing.) so I think u r right ..please let me know if u get any more information's .

Thanks again

FASTFORMAT

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
P4 3500mhz PC HD DIGITAL VARIOUS SAT BOXES WITH 1M ROTATING DISH FEEDING HD PROJECTOR
My Location
U.K.
nilefish said:
Thanks alot for replying I contacted Manhattan technichal Dep. and I got this message from them ( This could be a hardware fault with the receiver. We suspect it is the Flash EPROM that is
failing and will need replacing and re flashing.) so I think u r right ..please let me know if u get any more information's .

Thanks again
CONNECT NULL SERIAL MODEM CABLE BETWEEN SAT BOX & PC. DOWNLOAD BOOTLOADER & IMG FILE FROM MANHATTAN-RECEIVERS.COM & LOAD THE TWO ONTO YOUR RECEIVER. THIS WILL WORK (DID ONE LAST NIGHT) SAME PROBLEM AS YOURS

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
@fastformat

I have a stb with this fault too, will this definitly work?

robloman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M DISH TECHNOMATE 5000CI
My Location
DEVON UK
i have a manhattan 7000 and have done this procedure many times yes it works .....but if it gets turned off chances are it wont boot back on again!! and the trouble is each time you flash it you have to start from scratch with the install etc