help with motorized setup

markjones

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorized fortec star
My Location
telford uk
read everything done everything right well i thought i have checked everything 100 times still get nothing only a flicker of strength put meter in line signal same all the time nd would i be right in saying true south for my area west midlands would be about 7 deg west

ok whats my setting supposed to be lol tf3 my post code motor setting at mo 38 declination angle 30 and true orth 7 deg west would that be right thanks

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
No, 1W is your nearest due south, 7W is not only very weak, but it is not your nearest satellite.

As per the guides, send your dish to Thor using USALS, then adjust the position of the motor around the pole and adjust the declination of the dish for max quality signal on 11325H.

Robbo:)

markjones

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorized fortec star
My Location
telford uk
ok whats my setting supposed to be lol tf3 my post code motor setting at mo 38 declination angle 30 would that be correct thanks

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Set the elevation scale on your motor based on your latitude.

If the motor is marked latitude, set it to that, if is marked elevation set it to 90-latitude.

As for the dish, I usually do it by adjustment for best signal, starting with the dish face tilting up just slightly.

markjones

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorized fortec star
My Location
telford uk
my latitude is 52.3

markjones

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorized fortec star
My Location
telford uk
i got that right then 38 lol but still nothing
think i need serious help lol there also no one round here touch motorized dishes

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
OK, you have set the motor elevation to 38. Now just put the dish face so that it is tilting up everso slightly.

Then go to your receiver, enter your long and lat, then send the dish to Thor using USALS.

Then tune to the 11325H transponder on Thor (see Lyngsat.com for full details), monitor the signal quality, then swivel the motor around the pole and adjust the dish level until you have maximised the signal quality.

Try this quick guide

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...k-reference-motor-installation-guide-pdf.html

markjones

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorized fortec star
My Location
telford uk
cheers robbo i wil try that tomorow night mate sorry for the stupid questions but i cant get nothing at mo cheers again

A nonymous

Reaction score
OK why has everyone missed the most important bit of information :-rofl2

How big is the dish :toke:

We know its motorised but not the size which can be a huge factor on setting up. You may have difficulty setting up on 1w if you have, lets say for example a 60cm dish :eek:

As long as your pole is 100% vertical and your dish is big enough there shouldn't be any problem in setting up :)

You will need to line up on 1w the same as i did. Best thing to do is set up at 12:00 GMT and just point the dish at the sun. It will be in roughly the right place give or take a degree or so ;)

:-beer

Nano

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
nanochickin said:
OK why has everyone missed the most important bit of information :-rofl2

I was trying to beat my son at tennis on the wii , not paying full attention.:-rofl2

markjones

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorized fortec star
My Location
telford uk
hi folks its a 90cm dish think i need to start from begining again but like u say i should get some thing whats difrence between magnetic south and actual south i got it a t 7deg west

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
If you go to dishpointer.com , it tells you the difference.

What have you got at 7W?

A nonymous

Reaction score
I can't see him having anything Robbo. Hes only about 15 miles up the road from me and i can't get a sniff off anything on 7w with my 90cm :mad:

I can only get the verticals off 7w at about 3am in the morning if its really clear :eek:

I'm guessing hes seeing the orbit package on 8w in all honesty :)

If your still having problems in the next few days and decide to get someone in to sort it out for you all i can say is that i'm very competitively priced :-rofl2

:-beer

Nano

markjones

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorized fortec star
My Location
telford uk
well folks i bought a new lnb and it gets signal now just got to set it up correct now thaks