Help with quattro LNB

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Hi, could someone help me. I usually set up quattro LNBs by connecting my meter to an output on the multiswitch (using a long cable). My dish is not giving me any signal at the moment. Now it could be that we have recently had a storm and the dish may have moved slightly, or it could be the LNB or multiswitch. I wish to connect the meter directly to the LNB, but as its a quattro do I need to change any settings on my Rover as I don´t need a polarity switching voltage or a tone to switch from high to low band. Will I cause any damage just by connecting the Rover as it is (with the voltage and tone switching)? Will I get correct readings? Thanks.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
If you can read the spectrum trace, you should be able to tell what port is what. I have in the past saved 4 plans for each.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I always set mine up directly on the LNB, you of course need to be on an appropriate transponder for the port you're connected to.

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Thanks for the replies. Most of the channels will be on horizontal low, or Horizontal High, so I just connect to each LNB output in turn, select the correct frequency and I don´t have to worry about the voltage or tone switching ( as would be the case for HH), I can leave the meter as e.g. - qpsk, 12460, DVB, 29.5000, MS/s, HH 18V 22KHz, 10600?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
If you are using the spectrum it doesn't matter what channel the meter is set to. Just plug in to any port you like and it will display the spectrum for that port, irrespective of of voltage and 22kHz the meter has activated.

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
Thanks, just wanted to be sure that unnesessary voltages wouldn´t damage LNB.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
No damage to LNB. Once you know what the four traces look like, you can identify which port corresponds to the correct band. Low and Hi bands are simple to identify and you can see what is H or V.

DishDick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gran Canaria
All done ok. Dish had moved, though some bolts were very loose and looked scratched. So I think its been tampered with. Its on a hotel roof and many people have access to it. But all ok now. This is an old dish a turkish prime focus with the extension petals. The people who installed it said it couldn´t get Astra 2D. I aligned it and got 2D ok, obviously it gets 1N ok, but its not getting CH5 so no 2F (and probably no 2E in the future). Should these dishes get CH5 in Gran Canaria, it is using a new Invacom LNB with Invacom adjustable feed horn. I have heard these dishes aren´t always assembled well and that stringing and adjusting the petals can improve reception. Is there any video links to show you how to do this?