Help ?

gnomegreen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
havnt got anything set up as yet thats why im here really
My Location
welsh
Hello. i currentley have a silver crest reciver which i bought from lidl which has free to air channels which i enjoy watching but need a pvr to record things now i was looking at a humux pvr 9300 with free veiw but on free veiw you cant recive the travel channel which is what i watch the most so i looked at the humax free sat but that doesnt recive the travel channel so my question to you is this is there a pvr humax prefribley that i can buy that i could veiw the travel channel on i mean if my silver crest had a pvr id be made . please can anyone help ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Eh?? Please use proper punctuation - I was mentally out of breath by the time I got to the end!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
1. Freeview is terrestrial Digital TV not satellite TV
2. Freesat is the digital satellite service
3. Any FTA satellite receiver can receive the travel channel as it is FTA, thus a Freesat PVR will receive and record what you want surely, why are you complicating things with terrestrial PVR/stb which doesn't offer what you want?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Travel Channel isnt on the Freesat epg . It has to be added manually and thus cant be recorded as far as Im aaware.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Analoguesat said:
Travel Channel isnt on the Freesat epg . It has to be added manually and thus cant be recorded as far as Im aaware.

Surely there is the non-freesat mode, are you suggesting that one cannot record the non-freesat stuff?

gnomegreen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
welsh
Topper said:
1. Freeview is terrestrial Digital TV not satellite TV
2. Freesat is the digital satellite service
3. Any FTA satellite receiver can receive the travel channel as it is FTA, thus a Freesat PVR will receive and record what you want surely, why are you complicating things with terrestrial PVR/stb which doesn't offer what you want?

right, simply put, are you saying ,that if i get a free sat reciver, i will be able to veiw the travel channel ?.

gnomegreen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
welsh
gnomegreen said:
right, simply put, are you saying ,that if i get a free sat reciver, i will be able to veiw the travel channel ?.

what if i bought a free veiw box, and connected it to my satalite dish ,would i be able to veiw the travel channel this way ?

the_watcher87

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 500s
Cube Revo 9000HD
1m Motorised Dish
Zone 2 Dish
My Location
N. Ireland
gnomegreen said:
what if i bought a free veiw box, and connected it to my satalite dish ,would i be able to veiw the travel channel this way ?

freeview is terrestial mate, you can't connect it to your satellite dish.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
It has been posted in another thread that apparently in non-Freesat mode the Humax HDR won't record, I can't confirm as Ive not played with one for long enough.

But if it is true, then forget the Freesat receiver and get a FTA one that can record. An example would be the TM5200 with external USB HDD. There are others too.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Robbo said:
It has been posted in another thread that apparently in non-Freesat mode the Humax HDR won't record, I can't confirm as Ive not played with one for long enough.

But if it is true, then forget the Freesat receiver and get a FTA one that can record. An example would be the TM5200 with external USB HDD. There are others too.

If that is true Robbo it beggars belief and Humax want their arses kicked by someone.

But as I said many posts ago any FTA satellite receiver will allow you to view it, thus any FTA PVR satellite receiver will, perhaps not a Freesat PVR

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Ahh right, it seems that arses might not need kicking, had another search on here and A N other forum and it seems that it might record but won't do it like a PVR.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Robbo said:
Ahh right, it seems that arses might not need kicking, had another search on here and A N other forum and it seems that it might record but won't do it like a PVR.

Ok I assume that is because of the lack of EPG then, thanks for checking it out

gnomegreen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
welsh
the_watcher87 said:
freeview is terrestial mate, you can't connect it to your satellite dish.

the humax pvr 9300t is free veiw, and ive been told you can either connect using an aerial, or you can use your satalite dish, can anyone confirm this please ?

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
The Humax 9300T is terrestrial ONLY. If you connect it to a satellite dish you'll get stuff all.