help

M

metheny

hello people, help! i have been trying to program a gold wafer rb7 card to receive any viaccess channels with no luck.
im using a Samsung vortec vs-9800CI receiver;
h/w superset 1.00, s/w SCI 1.00.16(0.90.01), driver SCI 1.01.45, loader v2.02(0002.0000)and
a viaccess red label cam, viaccess 1.0v478, application v1.02
i have tried using lots of files including the latest STRSH and postic crew and keep getting error message 'service is not running or scrambled', when i access authorisation i get the message 'please, insert smart card', I have also tried Viatenix 1.1 and got the message 'wrong smart card, please insert corret smart card' and will not let me access authorisation(at least it is recognising the card, i guess that is progress?).
any help/advice would be gratefully received,
thanks folks pat

S

scoodidi

actualy there is no file working on 478 redcams these cams seems to work at very high daudrate after the atr. you have
-to change the came at your reseller
-or wait till there is a patch out for that cam
regards

M

metheny

thanks for replying, i mailed my supplier and he recommended a casd from electronic direct, but im a bit unsure and im broke after buying a cam and millenium progrmmer, if i can exhange the cam should i try for a 1.ov477 ? or do you think it is likely new software will be issued on the net? im getting pretty depressed about this any advice greatfullt received.
thanks folk pat

L

LVR

Hello,

I am having the same symptoms as you.

My config is different :
Nokia 9600s with DVB2000 V 1847 Frirmware
Red CAM Viaccess 1.0 v 478 Application 1.02 ( Same CAM Version as you)

And I always have "insert smartcard" same message as you.

Did you solve you problem now and how ?

Regards.

LVR

2old4this

2old4this

Honorary Admin
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Have you tried Barracuda files? They came out (later than the previous answewr stating it wasn't possible) specifically for the red CAMs.

L

LVR

Thank you for trying to help me.

Yes I do.

I found the 103 and the 105 version of baracuda.

Analysing the wiring of me PCB GoldCard I observe that the Vpp (C6) signal of the ISO SmartCard is connected to the RB2 (Pin 8) line of the PIC.

This is not the case in a normal Gold Card.
May this create the trouble I get ?

2old4this

2old4this

Honorary Admin
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
try masking off the two leftmost contacts on the PCB when using the card (leave them open when programming it). That sometimes works.
2old

L

LVR

In fact I have por contact quality between the PCB GolWafer and the RedCam Module.
Putting some self-adhesive tape at the back of the card solved the problem contact.
Regards and thank for your help.