Help

The Gaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sharp 52" HD, yamaha RXV 1700 av amp Kef speakers and sky HD
My Location
chesterfield
Hi,
as a newbie to this site I am asking if its just me or is anyone else experiencing problems with audio on BBC HD, now I am probably in the wrong place on the wrong site but if there is any one out there who can shed a little light on my issue I would appreciate it..

Weeks ago BBC HD seemed to be always transmitted with a 5:1 trip even when the audio was in PCM my amp displayed the 5:1 flag, just before xmas it seemed to be sorted switching from 5:1 to PCM no problem, however the last few days I seem to be experiecing a new prob with the audio switching.
When the HD trailers are on between programes I am seeing the 5:i flags come up on the amp and the sound is in 5:1 then the scene changes and the audio drops out, flags on amp still showing 5:1, press pause on sky HD then play and the audio pops back in, scene changes again and bingo no sound, go through the old pause routine and its back.
It seems to be only on bbc HD all the other channels are spot on.

Can any one shed any light on this, if so it would help an ex TV engineer from the late 70,s to enjoy his telly. :)

Cheers
Kev

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum Kev

Whilst not having HD myself I can only surmise from reading your post that the beeb must be experimenting with something especially if it does not happen with other HD channels. Being a TV engineer you will appreciate that the technology is quite new and so are the prices of HD equipment. Being mainly a hobbyist forum I doubt you will be inundated with immediate replies however there are a number of members who do have HD equipment and it will be interesting to hear if anyone else experiences a similar problem.

jasonx2007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pace ds810xe /manhatten st-200 /tecnomate 1500+ super /65cm traix dish on a satcatcher motor /1 x trex twin cam 1x dragon twin cam duolabs cas3 programmer and diablo cam light
My Location
hull city/uk
i get no sound on bbc hd on a pace hd ds180xe very strange