Help

ashmana

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satelite 28.2
My Location
Essex, southend on sea
Hi I'm having a problem with my satelite system. I recently bought a sat beeper and when I set it all up to try and possition my satellite the sat beeper made no noise whatsoever. I have used a sat beeper with my sat before and it worked fine also my signal srength is static at 14% and does not even change when I position the the dish at the same angle as the other dishes in my area. Is it probable that the problem is my LNB its self and that my LNB is actually broken? Please help I am getting stressed.:confused

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Welcome to satellites forum,

Sounds as if it could well be a LNb problem and just picking up the noise. Also check cable connections :D

ashmana

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satelite 28.2
My Location
Essex, southend on sea
I made sure I had all good connections and even cut the wires too the manufactures specifications. if it is the lnb should I get a new satelite or just lnb

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
You can purchase an LNb on it's own unless the dish has seen better days too :D

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
ashmana said:
I made sure I had all good connections and even cut the wires too the manufactures specifications. if it is the lnb should I get a new satelite or just lnb

When checking the cable, make sure that you have not got a short circuit, caused by a single strand of braid for example.

Yes, just start with the LNB, you wouldn't be able to afford to buy a new satellite.:-rofl2

Robbo:)

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
If it worked before and doesn't now then it's 99% sure that it's a connector problem, either a stray whisp of wire bridging inner and outer or one of the F connectors not been made properly.

Been there, done that...