My Satellite Setup
dreambox7020si
Echostar ad3600
Echostar ad 3000,
cas 2 ,
1m dish
My Location
Devon.
I have recently got my first dreambox - a 7020s. The box starts up and loads the image (Nemisis), but it can not find any channels or transponders. I have flashed the box with the latest Nemisis image but has made no difference. I connected a sat finder box between the receiver and lnb but nothing happened - no beep or power to the sat finder. I have checked that the LNB settings are on H/V voltage and even put this to 12v but still no voltage is being outputted. Is this a problem that can be fixed or have I been sold a dead box. Also how can I check that it is a genuine dreambox.

Thanks in advance for any help.

canman21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox7020si
Echostar ad3600
Echostar ad 3000,
cas 2 ,
1m dish
My Location
Devon.
canman21 said:
I have recently got my first dreambox - a 7020s. The box starts up and loads the image (Nemisis), but it can not find any channels or transponders. I have flashed the box with the latest Nemisis image but has made no difference. I connected a sat finder box between the receiver and lnb but nothing happened - no beep or power to the sat finder. I have checked that the LNB settings are on H/V voltage and even put this to 12v but still no voltage is being outputted. Is this a problem that can be fixed or have I been sold a dead box. Also how can I check that it is a genuine dreambox.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have done further test and come to the conclusion that it is the tuner (alps) that is at fault. The box is networked via router, and can download files without any problems. Changed image to Gemini 4.4.downloaded emu's and channel information.The software side of the box is working fine. There is no signal getting through. The dish is ok as i plug the lnb coax into my old echostar ad3600 and there is a strong signal.

My dream box shows a S/N of around 40 -60% but there is no AGC, I have taken the f plug out of the box , there was no change to S/n and AGC levels.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Are you using motor? Is the dish setup and aligned correctly? Dreamboxes have a weak tuner so the dish must be setup carefully.

canman21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox7020si
Echostar ad3600
Echostar ad 3000,
cas 2 ,
1m dish
My Location
Devon.
Thanks for the reply.

I am using a 18" superjack actuator run by a pace positioner to give the 36V supply and move the dish. I have been able to receive signals from hispsat 30w through to astra2 28e with the old echostar (Internal postioner)showing 80% signal strength on most of the Satelites.

I will double check the dish settings again and use the dm 7020 sat finder to peak the dish. will hve to wait for the weekend to do this. will keep you posted on the progress.

With such a great box why is the most important part so poor - the tuner. If my old echostar can produce good quality pictures why can't the Dream team can come up with a better tuner for the DMs.

canman21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox7020si
Echostar ad3600
Echostar ad 3000,
cas 2 ,
1m dish
My Location
Devon.
Ok I have checked the dish alignment and all connections and have pluged the dm into the sky setup (separate dish set up by sky installer) and there is no response from the dm at all - no signal detected.

Unless there is a software means of turning the Alps -s tuner on an off i can only conclude that the tuner section is faulty.

Can these be re placed ( i see that they are soldered in on the dm 720s) or is there someone in the SW UK that can do this.

Yes this is an Ebay purchase!!!!!

can anyone or can satellites.co help.