BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
... put me outta my misery...

Someones gotta know if you can run the diseqc 1.2 plugin on a SS2 USB and how...

.... don't tell me I gotta have a diseqc positioner aswell....

Sick as a parrot.

rolfw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well I have to say that a diseqC motor is a pre-requisite, otherwise, it should work and the setup should be the same as a PCI SS2.

BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Hi rolf.

The plugin requires that the file skyNET.sys be replaced with a patched one, but the USB SS2 installation DOESN'T HAVE IT!!!

It has skyNETU.sys instead, so it wont work.

I have a SS2 PCI which works fine (with the plugin), but I've just got a SS2 USB for a laugh, but now I find it can't drive my motor!!

I've emailed MiBi, the author, but the readme says PCI only. Maybe he can write a new one, or tell me what needs changing and maybe I can write it.

K

kalamar

BGonaSTICK said:
... put me outta my misery...

Someones gotta know if you can run the diseqc 1.2 plugin on a SS2 USB and how...

.... don't tell me I gotta have a diseqc positioner aswell....

Sick as a parrot.
Hey OldMan is you gettin better? we dont want you to be sick,that aint no fun! :eek: I wuz sick too a couple weeks ago but lived thru it. I noticed you werent here much lately.
GET WELL :D

BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL,

Just back from 2 weeks hols a few hours ago.

You don't get rid of me THAT easily!

:)

K

kalamar

BGonaSTICK said:
LOL,

Just back from 2 weeks hols a few hours ago.

You don't get rid of me THAT easily!

:)
or ME either !
Question:::::::
That Prog S2emu
you never did tell me much about it, Does it find keys too? what does it replace Fenrir ? Yankse ? or both ??
I cant get it to find keys or decrypt Na*ra . Why dont you do a write-up about S2emu as to what you know about it and what it does do?
tnx K :)

BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Did you not get my PM?

It does do some auto update, and I believe it saves the keys back to the original s*ftcam so should replace both Y*nkse and F*nrir.

I don't use N*gra or AU, so haven't tested, but it works fine on my two systems for both Sly Italy and C*nax.

They are :- Athlon XP2500/Win XP/MT V2.76/SS2 PCI
and another Athlon XP2500/Win XP/ProgDVB V4.40.3/SS2 USB. Also works on MT V2.76 on this box too.

It's fabulous.

K

kalamar

ahh hah:)
so its basicly untested for my uses! ok,not trying to bug you,just pick yer brain a little! I have done about all the testing I can do with it in its present form and no luck with it so far but im doing different things I guess!.
I will just stand by and watch what developes,it does sound like its on the right track.
Vlinders must be taking a break ! I believe he is the author of Fen*ir too (as well as Yan*se) and havent seen much action on that either.Hope he dont abandon his projects!
im highly interested in the nag*a 2 system and collecting all software that might come in handy later on.
so have a good day OLD MAN ! and drink one for me too:eek: