HH motor - where can I buy one?

hi,
I'd like to buy an HH motor for my small 80cm dish.
the best would be a motor that support dishes up to 120cm (I guess I'm gonna upgrade soon).
Now, since I have a echostar 3000ip that doesn't support disecq 1.2 I need a 36v/switch hh motor.

I've been looking on the internet and all I could find are two websites: www.doebis.de and www.belsat.ch

Both websites are in german and I couldn't understand much. anyway I dropped them both an email asking for a Jaeger SG107.

How is this motor? and also, does anyone know any website that sells 36V HH motors?

Thanks!

PS I live in Italy so ordering from a .ch website would mean VAT.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
Almost any company couled sell you a 36v H to H motor, thay are old technology (but thats not a bad thing at all)

Just make sure whoever sells you the goods offers installation (at a callout cost ) or a money back guarantee if its not suitable. The 3000 Echostar will cope with all equipment available on the market

good luck

Well, I've been installing all my fixed dishes for like 1 year now. I'd like to install the motor by myself. is it something very hard?

Anyway, can you guys suggest me a website that ships fast?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK South
Which 80cm dish do you have and what fitting to the wall ?
Some dishes just cannot be mounted onto a motor

You would also require the additional four or five wire cable and a way of securing it to the main signal wire.

As its Christmas I believe no company is likely to despatch much until tomorrow earliest and then the couriers may not deliver next day

css_jay99

My Location
Bromley london
I am interested in one 2. I have seen a few i.e

Stab, Jaeger Superjack, Mondeal, digipower & manhattan.

which is the best or the order of easy installation (since installing myself). I have seen the Jaeger/ Mondeal for £75 in hackney market.

MERRY XMAS ALL

css_jay99

Channel Hopper

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK South
Stab and Jaeger are the two with manufacturing facilitie. The others are badged versions.

Ajak, Geotrack are also names for Horizon to Horizon gearbox makers

css_jay99

My Location
Bromley london
I bought a Brand new Jaeger H120 from hackney market for £65. some other guy was selling the stab H100 for £75. I choose the Jaeger over the stap bcos it has got a manual button on the diseqc motor

The install manual on the Jaeger is crap an not as detailed as the stab.

Can anyone email me(or link for ) the install manual for the stab. I cant seem to find it on the internet

thanks

css_jay99 (carl.developer@virgin.net)

My Location
Swedeville
I've got an Echostar 3000ip and I'm in the same boat since moving house and leaving my dish/polar mount behind.

Since they support Diseqc 1.0 is it not possible to use an Diseqc H2H motor? Would Diseqc 1.2 motors work ok with a 1.0 receiver or would you have to source a 1.0 model?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK South
I dont think from any source one can get a Echostar 3000IP firmwar to move a DiSeQc motor

1.2 is the designation for a motor - 1.0 simply means four seperate inputs using a DiSEqC switch

I stand to be corrected though

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The motor that I use will operate under DdiseqC 1.0, but it only gives four positions, possibly not worth while.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That's OK TT, you can post the link, I'd be interested to see the unit.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK South
Dont settle for less - go for the whole arc!

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I'd certainly agree with you CH, having said that though, I would doubt that I watch more than three satellites on a regular basis, 1W, 30W and 19.2E.

My Location
Swedeville
I tend to agree with you rolfw, with my old setup I never really did much more than 19.2e, 13e and 1w (couldn't get 30w 'cos of a tree).

That adds up to 4, would anyone like to strongly suggest any other sats that I should be looking at on a regular basis?