Newbie Here Hi, new to the forum.

Ron Woodham

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky box
My Location
Cm0pr
Just scrapped Sky and going over to Freesat. Had an extra Sky book in th bedroom which l run several other tv's via the RF output. Can anyone tell me if l can do the same with a Freesat Box? I don't deliver they have a RF output but there must be away of doing this and perhaps using the same 'magic eye'. Appreciate any help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not really without extra kit like a Triax Trilink. If you don't require the recording function, then just use your existing Sky digibox.

Ron Woodham

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky box
My Location
Cm0pr
Hi rolfw,
Thanks for the reply. If it can be done then my preference would be to use a Freesat box so that l can record and watch from any room. How does a Triad Trilink work and how do you install?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It is a modulator Ron, it connects to the scart socket on the Freesat box and has a couple of ir transmitters which you put in fron of whatever you wish to control so that you can use your existing TV Links.

Ron Woodham

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky box
My Location
Cm0pr
Is my understanding correct! Two cables from dish you connect to Freesat box, via HDMI connect Freesat box to TV. Connect Triax Trillink to Freesat box via scart socket, connect the coax cable (that runs into the loft and connects to a splitter with cables running to other rooms) to one of the ir senders. This will enable me to operate ( via magic eye) the Freesat box from another TV.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Pretty much so, the Trilink emulates the aerial in and RF1 and RF2 sockets on the back of a Sky digibox.

Ron Woodham

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky box
My Location
Cm0pr
Great, thanks for your help. All l need now is......
1) Freesat Box
1) Triax Trilink
Plus additional Freesat remotes for the other rooms. Then it should be sorted.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Beware though, as spare remotes can be expensive on Freesat boxes.