Hi, perhaps you can help

punter45

Reaction score
Hi, I,m Dave from Cardiff, new to your world but I recently acquired some second hand equipment that was going begging, namely:

chaparral monterey 20
nokia 9600 (dvb200)
grundig gds 200
matsui rd600
fegrguson bsb/dmac decoder
zeta 7000 positioner
supermount3 (dse36rt) 4 wire motorised mount
90cm dish
bigsat twin universal
viaccess cam

Reading the contributions here has been instructive, especially as there was no literature with the lot.

My question concerns DiSEqC, I have discovered that the nokia will not hack it but not sure about the other. The chaparrel has outputs so is it possible to cross the divide? Do I need to?

The reason I ask is that I have no wiring details for mount, red an black seem obvious but the two yellows, so I was considering buying a known entity before I blow everything up.

all contributions welcomed

loftyj

Reaction score
punter45 said:
Hi, I,m Dave from Cardiff, new to your world but I recently acquired some second hand equipment that was going begging, namely:

chaparral monterey 20
nokia 9600 (dvb200)
grundig gds 200
matsui rd600
fegrguson bsb/dmac decoder
zeta 7000 positioner
supermount3 (dse36rt) 4 wire motorised mount
90cm dish
bigsat twin universal
viaccess cam

Reading the contributions here has been instructive, especially as there was no literature with the lot.

My question concerns DiSEqC, I have discovered that the nokia will not hack it but not sure about the other. The chaparrel has outputs so is it possible to cross the divide? Do I need to?

The reason I ask is that I have no wiring details for mount, red an black seem obvious but the two yellows, so I was considering buying a known entity before I blow everything up.

will try to give you answer but having trouble posting just trying with one line

loftyj

Reaction score
Lets try again

I am not familiar with any of the recivers on your list, but suggest you go to the manurfactures webb sight and see if you can get any spec's: from there.

At this stage you can you can forget the D Mac decoder as it is just an add on and can be delt with later.

The positioner is a stand alone unit to drive the dish East or West and requires the 4 wires, 2 for the actuator or moter fitted to the dish and 2 for the east west limit switch, you will have to check which are connected to the motor or actuator and which are on the limit switch as you must not connect them wrong.

The DiSCqe works on a lower voltage than the positioner so again depends on what is fitted to your mount.

You say you recived a viaccess cam with the equipment so it looks as if one of the recivers has a CI slot so try setting up with this one first.
let us know how you get on.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
punter45 said:

chaparral monterey 20 Nice analogue receiver in its time, but time has passed
nokia 9600 (dvb200) Nice digtal receiver, but a bit limited for today's market
grundig gds 200 Good but now old Sky Digital receiver
matsui rd600 Analogue receiver, wasn't that good when it was new
fegrguson bsb/dmac decoder Not really relevant these days

zeta 7000 positioner and supermount3 (dse36rt) 4 wire motorised mount 90cm dish/bigsat twin universal still useful, but not state of the art

viaccess camHas a certain use

The Nokia running doctor overflow will I believe run a DiseqC motor, but not 36v, so hence your positioner.

If you want to have a play and get things up and running, you have enough there to be getting on with.

punter45

Reaction score
thanks loftyj, east/west limiters sounds useful. I have trawlled for maker's info and have found specs for nokia and monterey. Nokia has ci slot. Could you ellaborate on viaccess cam? (a certain use?). Thanks for your time, I shall explore e/w limit and see where i go from there.

punter45

Reaction score
Thanks Rolf. Good to know there are options, will check out this mount but keep an eye opne for a compatible mount. Let you know.