hifi forum suggestions

A

Archive-8

Found this Technics ST610L Tuner in cash converters for £19.99 fits in with my stack system & works very well on my home made indoor Coax Aerial currently screwed to the ceiling :)

View attachment 73298

Unfortunately the Leak Stereofetic will not go in my stack system :(

Next project to either build a loft aerial from the parts I have below or buy a new FM loft aerial,

Nice find :-) personally I would buy a loft/outdoor arial.

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
A

Archive-8

That should help :-) had a similar problem when I changed my av amp as it has a radio built in. But it's quite deaf, one I had an arial put in the loft, loads of stations boomed in.

battenfan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m pf
My Location
60N 18E
Can any of our esteemed members suggest a decent forum for my needs, preferably one where the signal/noise ratio is high as per here and where the expert/arsehole ratio is also high, as per here
There seem to be some polite people at diyaudio who answers noob questions, not sure about the s/n ratio.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/104827-favorite-threads-posts-loudspeakers.html
I've just started reading about acoustic wave guides. Very interesting. Don't think I've ever heard any. Unless those jbl lip-formed horns counts as one.

And for us nostalgic, hoarding, loss-aversive old-timers, I recommend the Audio Heritage thread Speaker Safari.
I'm not a member of either of them.
Yamaha RX-V477
Me too! It was an impulsive buy. Don't you just hate the user interface? I could never remember what dsp filter affected what setting so I turned everything off and run "straight" mode. Do you get a clicking noise when you change channels on tv and route sound using arc through hdmi cable? I mitigated it somewhat by selecting av1 (optical) as audio input instead of the default, what was it, av6 (analog) ? It might be my tv that doesn't clear the audio buffer but the fact that it's less noise when I switch audio input makes me suspect the receiver. I've updated software in both but that didn't help. Ive bought an optical cable to see if it's any difference but I haven't tried it out yet. There's no noise when using a normal hdmi input on the receiver, only when using arc.

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
Re - the RX-V477
Me too! It was an impulsive buy. Don't you just hate the user interface?
Yes :) Is unusual these days to see such a 90s-style UI, low-res flat and colorless. I keep hoping that a firmware update will give it a makeover :) I did a fair amount of research before buying it and am pretty happy (is my first, so don't have a lot to compare it with). Like most of us I guess I want something that performs well but don't want to pay silly money.

I could never remember what dsp filter affected what setting so I turned everything off and run "straight" mode. Do you get a clicking noise when you change channels on tv and route sound using arc through hdmi cable?
Not sure -we used to have a problem before I bough the receiver when we'd get a clicking sound sometimes when changing channels, and sometimes just when watching. I put it down to the (the English language does not possess the adjectives to fully express the horror, but) God-awful Canalsat receiver not playing nice with the TV. It's been much less of a problem (wouldn't say it's gone 100%) since we moved to a Vu+ Solo2. I haven't noticed a particular problem with the receiver and the clicks. Maybe you need to upgrade your HDMI cables to gold-plated rhodium-infused oxygen-free free-range organic cables. Or something ;)
HDMI is ARC on the TV end and also at the receiver. I haven't experimented much yet with the filters. At the moment I don't have a subwoofer yet (should be arriving shortly) so have taken care to setup the receiver to avoid damaging the main speakers.

Thanks for the suggestions!