Chr0nik

My Satellite Setup
TM-9100 Linux receiver,
TM-2100a Rotor,
80cm Dish (43w to 42e)
My Location
Brixton, London
Hi,

I'm currently thinking of buying a Hirschmann 150cm dish and I would like to knoow how it compares to a CM or Gibertini dish of similar size? I plan to use it for Cband and mount it on a pole mount.

How heavy are these dishes and can it be used on a USALS motor? I'm based in Grays, Essex so I wonder which sats I can get with that dish.

Thanks

Last edited:
RimaNTSS

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
There are no CM 1.5m dish, at least I did not hear about it. 1.5m dish on standard Diseqc motor - forget about it.

Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Модератор
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Hirschmann 150cm is rebranded Gibertini...

M

moonbase

Small Dish Man
My Satellite Setup
2.0m Precision
My Location
UK
...How heavy are these dishes and can it be used on a USALS motor? I'm based in Grays, Essex so I wonder which sats I can get with that dish.

It is not so much the weight of the dish that is the issue for a DiSEqC motor but the wind load on the dish. For a 1.5m dish you should be looking at a 36 volt motor such as a linear actuator or an H-H motor with a v-box as positioner.

You will get a reasonable amount of C-Band channels from the stronger satellites but a larger dish is better. A good satellite for a 1.5m dish is 40.5W.

Channel Hopper

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Buy it direct from the manufacturer. That way you can specify the feed clamp and polar mount / other options that will offer the best chance of success at C-band