Hispasat *30W in NY area

tap143

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pansat 3500SD
My Location
USA
I leave in USA near New York City and I just install a dish to receive Hispasat. I'm totaly desapointed because only 28 chanels were found. I got a 85cm dish with a Pansat 3500SD receiver with NAG1 and NAG2.
Please help geting this matter resolved?

Thanks.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hello tap,

Most new member's say hello first, but ignoring that the reason that you can receive some channels from Hispasat is that one transponder transmits to both the south and north of America, and all the rest transmit to Spain and it is these channels you will not be able to receive, you are out of range.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
28 channels would be about right:

_http://www.lyngsat.com/hispa.html

look over on the right hand side of the page for the beams.

If you want all the other Spanish channels you will have to move to Europe....

tap143

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pansat 3500SD
My Location
USA
Rob,
Sorry for the way that I post . Hi to everybody.

Rob are you saying that I have my dish out of range. Canyou please give me a little be more help on this since I'm a newbie?

Thanks.

ppop

oh...never mind!
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ferguson DF9000 PVR + Satconn 2003 + Motor.1m + Fixed.0,6m
My Location
home.pt
tap143 said:
Rob,
Sorry for the way that I post . Hi to everybody.

Rob are you saying that I have my dish out of range. Canyou please give me a little be more help on this since I'm a newbie?

Thanks.

Hi tap,

Sorry, but...

...You just can´t receive more... there´s nothing you can do about it!

Look... Hispasat has 2 beams:

One is the "America beam"

hispa1c_am_world.gif

The other is the "Europe Beam"

hispa1c_eur_world.gif

The 28 Channels that you have found are from the "America beam" ...if you go to the address that Analoguesat gave you _http://www.lyngsat.com/hispa.html , you will find all the channels that are broadcasted by hisapasat and were are they received: America or Europe Beam

...But, unfortunetly for you, hispasat is an european satellite so it´s obvious that the majority of the channels are in the "European beam"...

and, by the way... Rob and Analoguesat! ... there´s also an 100 Channel Portuguese Package in hispasat! This one:
_http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/cabo.html

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
LOL we are very aware of that ppop - as evidenced by this forum's heavy Portugese presence :)

Llew

tap143

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pansat 3500SD
My Location
USA
Thanks for the explanation. Llew you right, a lot of Portugal here. All the way!!!

ceevee

Reaction score
Website
www.ceevee.info
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM500 connected to 6MB ADSL Internet, with Gbox on a 1.2 satellite Dish.
My Location
Malta
HEHE :) Oh come one!! In the states you get the BEST TV ever! Why need D+ ?? i have card sharing and most of the packages in Europe, and the best I found is D+ and SKY UK/ITALIA although I wouldn't compare it to TV packages available for Americans!!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Best tv ever? I dont think so. Yank TV is basically adverts with a few minutes of filler material thrown in between the ads.

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
ceevee said:
HEHE :) Oh come one!! In the states you get the BEST TV ever! Why need D+ ?? i have card sharing and most of the packages in Europe, and the best I found is D+ and SKY UK/ITALIA although I wouldn't compare it to TV packages available for Americans!!

Since when do Malta have 6MB cable connection?? When i went their last malta didnt even have digital cable it was analogue.. :| scientific atlanta modified ;) didnt think malta was progressing so fast :| do you know st paul?? im lookin for someone called kenneth.. he worked in the shop oposite the santa maria..

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
Analoguesat said:
Best tv ever? I dont think so. Yank TV is basically adverts with a few minutes of filler material thrown in between the ads.

I enjoyed TimeWarner digital cable in a recent stay over there and I loved the TV. The adverts aren't so much of a problem as they're more entertaining than those in the UK.

And the great thing on digital cable was the amount of local news. They didn't just have NY1 they had about a dozen or so NY1s showing all sorts of different things (plus a local Queens station for where I was staying.)

tap143

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pansat 3500SD
My Location
USA
You guys are all right. In USA we have a lot of channels to chose from. We have digital cable with HD, satellite providers with so many chanells HD (about 30 ) but the reason I ask about the Hispasat is that I'm portuguese and kind a newbe in the fta world and I found that the Portuguese TVcabo was in Hispasat I taw that I could get some channels and also I'm a sport fan and they have Eurosport channel and SportTv, but looks like they are on the European beam.

Hope the things can change.

Thanks.

moffatt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freeview, BT Total Broadband, BT Broadband Talk
My Location
Atherstone, Nr. B'ham/Cov.
Yeah, but American HD is equivilent to European digital satellite :D

Just kidding

o.trofense

watch and learn
Reaction score
Website
www.sindromedeburnout.blogspot.com
My Satellite Setup
later
My Location
portugal
tap143 said:
You guys are all right. In USA we have a lot of channels to chose from. We have digital cable with HD, satellite providers with so many chanells HD (about 30 ) but the reason I ask about the Hispasat is that I'm portuguese and kind a newbe in the fta world and I found that the Portuguese TVcabo was in Hispasat I taw that I could get some channels and also I'm a sport fan and they have Eurosport channel and SportTv, but looks like they are on the European beam.

Hope the things can change.

Thanks.

check this tp
telstar12 at 15ºw

11965 h 8131

sic noticias fta

bye

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Analoguesat said:

I agree no offence to good old usa but God there tv is crap.... you watch a film it ends only the credits don't come on the ads do then when it comes back on the credits appear and the "continues after these msg's" bit God.... I know why you want d+ mate :-rofl2
still can't have it though

baddbboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ultra viewsat
My Location
Canada
tap143 said:
I leave in USA near New York City and I just install a dish to receive Hispasat. I'm totaly desapointed because only 28 chanels were found. I got a 85cm dish with a Pansat 3500SD receiver with NAG1 and NAG2.
Please help geting this matter resolved?

Thanks.

Hello, i was wondering if you get any spanish channels and how hard was to find that signal, i got a viewsat receiver, and i dont know how hard would be to find that signal.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
baddbboy said:
Hello, i was wondering if you get any spanish channels and how hard was to find that signal, i got a viewsat receiver, and i dont know how hard would be to find that signal.

yes mate we used to get lots of spanish stuff until 2 months ago we had a package called Taquilla which was lots of new films fox tv ans some stuff not suitable for kids all in English but alas it changed from n2 to n3 and now its just a page in history, we may still get some spanish I don't visit 30* west anymore...

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
baddbboy said:

Things havent changed much since this thread started - theres still about 25-30 channels on the 30W AMerican beam:

http://www.lyngsat.com/hispa.html

baddbboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ultra viewsat
My Location
Canada
Analoguesat said:
Things havent changed much since this thread started - theres still about 25-30 channels on the 30W AMerican beam:

http://www.lyngsat.com/hispa.html

hello, i wanna know if is possible to get that 30*w with an 18" dish, or i need to get any bigger dish in order to get the signal eisier? any sugestion?

Prodelin

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
Tunisia, Prince Of Persia
How should we know?`

This forum is based in Europe and not USA.