Hispasat in Florida?

rjlove1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Viewsat, and Sonic View
My Location
I am in Florida Zip 33351
pedro2000uk said:
We don't know that dish / lnbf too well here... it could be it is not too suitable until it's modified a bit..

can you see the information sticker on the LNBf and the settings for the lnb in the satellite receiver?

and what satellite/s should it be used on?

EDIT... just read it... 61.5w echostar 3

Now i got Intelsat 5 with it but i was wondered if i could get any ku satellites with it

rjlove1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Viewsat, and Sonic View
My Location
ok now would i be able to get intelsat 903 from where i am at

rjlove1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Viewsat, and Sonic View
My Location
it seem like its not to far from Hispasat. and also Please tell what other satellites you guys can suggest n other to get way more channels meaning soccer and other world stuff i hate watch local which not live stuff and also I really thank everyone in this forum that have patient to help others thank you guys God bless all

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you have been using it on Echostar 61.5W you have already been using in Ku band :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
rjlove1 said:
ok now would i be able to get intelsat 903 from where i am at

Yes - but only channels on the American C-band beams or the pay service on the Caribbean spotbeam.

rjlove1 said:
it seem like its not to far from Hispasat. and also Please tell what other satellites you guys can suggest n other to get way more channels meaning soccer and other world stuff i hate watch local which not live stuff and also I really thank everyone in this forum that have patient to help others thank you guys God bless all

The best thing you could do is move to Europe! Via satellite you cant get any of the satellites hovering above Europe as they are below your eastern horizon. You can get the birds hovering over the Atlantic but only beams that are transmitting into America.

There is one alternative if you are willing to invest a lot of dollars - a slingbox. Someone in Europe hosts a slingbox and gives you the login details. You can then watch their av-source, although you need reasonably quick broadband at both ends.

Ive got a slingbox and its a neat bit of kit, although sadly Ive never got it working through the firewalls at my workplace. :( ;)

rjlove1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Viewsat, and Sonic View
My Location
Analoguesat said:
Yes - but only channels on the American C-band beams or the pay service on the Caribbean spotbeam.

The best thing you could do is move to Europe! Via satellite you cant get any of the satellites hovering above Europe as they are below your eastern horizon. You can get the birds hovering over the Atlantic but only beams that are transmitting into America.

There is one alternative if you are willing to invest a lot of dollars - a slingbox. Someone in Europe hosts a slingbox and gives you the login details. You can then watch their av-source, although you need reasonably quick broadband at both ends.

Ive got a slingbox and its a neat bit of kit, although sadly Ive never got it working through the firewalls at my workplace. :( ;)

What is slinbox is it n European box and if i have a European box would i be able to get more hisoasat channel

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
A slingbox is a box of tricks that takes an av stream, compresses it and placeshifts it across the internet via broadband.

A European box would give you access to any channel from the satellite kit or other av source that its connected to.

Note - you get to watch the SAME channel as the host if its in someones house - so if they switch over two minutes into the football game then its bad luck!

There are companies setting up now that do dedicated hosting of a dedicated satellite receiver, SB plus a fast internet pipe - there are definitely some for the UK pay service, although its not cheap. Presumably there are similar services for the Spanish channels.

SB's only work with one viewer at a time so you couldnt pass on your log in details to your brother and hope for both of you to watch a game.

Google Slingbox to get a better idea of their capabilities.

speedy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TV on Mac
My Location
Italy
Analoguesat said:

Hi,

Have been following your thread with interest,

Ref your Slingbox not viewable from your work place, probably due to the firewall,
Try setting your Slingbox at home with Port 443 (you'll have to do a manual setup instead of 'auto') on your router too

Take care

rjlove1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Viewsat, and Sonic View
My Location
can somebody tell if i have a 30' inches dish would i be able to add a c/ku lnb on it and would i b able to get that satellite: Star One C2 at 70.0°W with my 30 inch dish, and my last question i have a AT9 ka/ku directv dish can i used it for any satellites beside dire ctv sat, is that true that i wouldn' b able to get any of dire ctv sat with my fta receiver just a question

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
70w is for S America ... you will not normally be able to see it with a 30" dish in Miami... but try to get local reports as we get some off footprint satellites that are as far away as that is from you and with 30" dishes or less ...

here's why anyway...

_http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/staronec2_sam.html

also you need a H/V KU lnb-(linear) you may have a L/R (circular polarised one)

You can get C band on a 30" but only if the signal is very strong. better a 6' or 8' mesh dish.

you should get fta on other sats

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
rjlove1 said:
can somebody tell if i have a 30' inches dish would i be able to add a c/ku lnb on it and would i b able to get that satellite: Star One C2 at 70.0°W with my 30 inch dish, and my last question i have a AT9 ka/ku directv dish can i used it for any satellites beside dire ctv sat, is that true that i wouldn' b able to get any of dire ctv sat with my fta receiver just a question

We do not permit ANY questions relating to the American pay tv providers on this forum, so we cant answer that part of the question.

To be honest you need local information as to whats possible with fringe reception from 70W - you need to find an American forum. Most of our members are based in Europe, the Middle East, and India. We only have a handful of members from the Americas

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
If you can’t find enough info locally .. have a look on lyngsat.com at satellites between about 35w to about 125w which you can at least 'see' from there easily (you can see further if you are high up and/ or have a clear view.. to an absolute maximum of 5w and 155w from there), then you need to make sure they are sending a signal you can actually get in Miami (click on the maps at the right side ... or if there isn't one, you might need to find out from the supplier or other local forum), then check the lnb needed c or ku L/R or H/V & dish size needed ... etc.. and if it's free to air... (I think we get get 30+ satellites here and 1000s of free channels) .... and as explained .. we don't discus pay tv in the US.

rjlove1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Viewsat, and Sonic View
My Location
would i be able to add a c/ku lnb on a 30'inch or a 36 inch dish, and would i be able to get Star One C2 at 70.0°W with a 30 or 36 inch dish if i add c/ku lnb

rjlove1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Viewsat, and Sonic View
My Location
I have another question would i be also get sat Star One C2 at 70.0°W with a 30 inch or 36 inch ku lnb

rjlove1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Viewsat, and Sonic View
My Location
would i be able to add a c/ku lnb on a 30'inch or a 36 inch dish, and would i be able to get Star One C2 at 70.0°W with a 30 or 36 inch dish if i add c/ku lnb

rjlove1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Viewsat, and Sonic View
My Location
Analoguesat said:
60 or 80 cm dish (not an elliptical sky dish) and skew the lnb (rotate it in its housing) so the lnb is set at about "4 oclock" when you are standing in front of the dish

An easy catch in Scotland

I have another question would i be also get sat Star One C2 at 70.0°W with a 30 inch or 36 inch ku lnb

rjlove1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Viewsat, and Sonic View
My Location
Analoguesat said:
60 or 80 cm dish (not an elliptical sky dish) and skew the lnb (rotate it in its housing) so the lnb is set at about "4 oclock" when you are standing in front of the dish

An easy catch in Scotland

rjlove1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Viewsat, and Sonic View
My Location
rjlove1 said:

and would like be able to get it with a 30 inch ku lnb

SatFreak101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
.9m offset on hh-90 motor- visionsatIV200
My Location
Canada
No, you cannot get Star 1C2. It is beamed at south america and you are not there. The Lnb you have on a globcast dish is a linear lnb and it will work for Hispasat. A 30" or 36" dish is too small for c band reception. You can get some c band with a 6' or larger dish but an 8 1/2' dish is recomended for cband in NA as it is 2 degree compliant and won't get interferance from neighbouring sats. Even with a 8 1/2' C band dish you still need to be in the beam of the satelite you want.