Hispasat in Norwich, Norfolk

stratdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm Ross dish with ross LNB and Fortec star passion hd box.
My Location
Norwich UK
Hi,

My girlfriend is spanish and im looking to get hispasat for her. Im an electrican by trade so am happy to install the dish. I have been given a dish finder by a colleague so hopefully that will make it quicker. I have a two floor house which is in a bit of a dip. I will mount the dish as high as I can. I'm not sure on what size dish I need, I have a standard sky dish and would like to keep the same style (oval). I have been looking at kits on ebay, would this suffice?

eBay Item # 350139276784

Any help would be great,

Regards,
Simon

[warning]Live External Links are not allowed - for eBay, please state Item #. I have done it for you this time[/warning]

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I suggest you get a non-Sky dish of around 60cm, that can accommodate a 40mm collar mount LNB:

With these "proper" dishes you will be able to adjust the skew of the LNB correctly which you will not be able to do with a Sky LNB (They are design only for a small range of adjustment for Eastern Satellites)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Before you go for Hispasat, check what channels you will get, as a lot of Spanish channels from there are no longer available free to air.Last couple of setups I've done for Spanish have been 13e/19e, to scrape together the best you can fta.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
In which case the eBay dish would be fine.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dishes: Fixed 135 cm with 2 LNB (28.2 E + 19.2 E)
Fixed 60 cm (5 W)
Motorized 120 cm
LNB: Inverto Black Ultra and others
Receivers: TBoston 4500, M3 Conax Illusion Sat, Technisat PC Skystar and others
My Location
Andalusia (Spain)
Robbo said:
Before you go for Hispasat, check what channels you will get, as a lot of Spanish channels from there are no longer available free to air.Last couple of setups I've done for Spanish have been 13e/19e, to scrape together the best you can fta.

That's the best setup for spanish channels, Hot Bird 13e + Astra 19e.
If a single dish with a single LNB, you must choose between Hot Bird 13e or Astra 19e, I think.
Hispasat's offer is no longer attractive, and perhaps more diameter is neccesary in UK.
A comparative table of the three satellites for Spanish channels: _http://www.canalesparabolica.com/idiomas/espanol.php

stratdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norwich UK
Now to be really particular im after the spanish language channels from Cuba. I believe these are only transmitted on hispasat. According to this site Free TV from Cuba - LyngSat there are several free to air channel. Would anyone be able to confirm that these are accessable from the UK as im finding the site a bit confusing!

Sorry for being a pain but it would help loads to know if it's possible before buying (looking at a normal dish now)

stratdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norwich UK
Hi thanks for the reply. Im gonna be a right pain as i'm after the cuban television channels. Would anyone be able to confirm that you can get the channels listed here Free TV from Cuba - LyngSat in the UK on hispasat? Sorry for being a pain but these are preferential. Once again thank you.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Sadly, you can only get Cubavision International as the remaining Channels are on beams that cannot be received here.

ie The "America" beam is eponymous.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fixed 60 cm (5 W)
Motorized 120 cm
My Location
Andalusia (Spain)
Only 1 cuban channel: Cubavisión Internacional. And you can get it on Hispasat 30w or Astra 19.2e.

stratdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norwich UK
Ok in that case astra is the best then. Next newbie question, when installing a dual lnb dish is it possible to merge the signals as my box only have one input?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
If you use a dish with a 6 degree Monoblock LNB on it, then all you do is run a single cable to the Fortec Star receiver and allocated "ports" in the DiSEqC menu (The Monoblock has an inbuilt DiSEqC switch)

I'd still recommend a "proper" 60cm dish though, not a Sky Zone 2, if you go the Monoblock for 13E/19E route.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fixed 60 cm (5 W)
Motorized 120 cm
My Location
Andalusia (Spain)
Just now on air a musical programme:
cubavisionInt.png
Cubavisión Internacional

stratdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Norwich UK
Thanks guys I will let you know how I get on :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, in fact, the signals are not merged as such, but a switch is fitted between the two lnb outputs.

A 6 degree monoblock can be fitted on a 70 to 80cm dish, the monoblock has an internal diseqc switch, with one output that goes to the receiver.

For a sky zone 2 dish as per your eBay link , I suspect that a monoblock would not work, you.d probably have to use two separate Lnbs with an external diseqc switch. Never tried on that dish but pretty sure there are some posts already on the forum regarding using it.

Edit: Oh , it will work on a 60cm dish too, but a monoblock is designed for an 80cm, so doesn't work as well on a 60cm.