Hiya Folks here my setup

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Llew said:
Rootkill from your friendly local garden centre.

Pick a dark night and get digging, and hope the roots aren't too deep and widespread.

With my luck it would work and tree would fall on my house - :-doh!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Llew said:
Rootkill from your friendly local garden centre.
Pick a dark night and get digging, and hope the roots aren't too deep and widespread.
N.B. I do not condone this action if the trees aren't yours and have only used this method on a particularly obstinate treetrunk.
Llew

We believe you Llew thousands wouldn't but we do :rolleyes:

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Beleive me, it works on a mature evergreen tree. Takes about six months though before the leaves turn brown. Owner of the tree then conveniently removes it.

I have to add that it is not my personal experience...

Llew

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well friends, the subject of trees, cutting and poisioning has been touched in quite a few posts already. I feel we are repeating a well chewed but interesting matter here. As this is an repeated question it qualifies for an idiot guide as a Sticky thread in this (or other section - Rolf, any ideas where?) section.
There we could maybe share all the botanic information needed to get rid of trees and other organic obsticles, share information regarding legal aspects of removing trees that do not belong to us etc etc.
Anyone here feels up to the task?

CrouchingTiger

Schnell Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mega Sat 1.8 meter mesh sat dish prim focus.

Invacom c120 lnb with chaparal co rotor and feedhorn.

Jaeger H-H smr 1224 supermount.

echnomate 1500ci+ patched darkman.
My Location
Highwycombe, Buckinghamshire
Hiya fellas

Been a long time i been away but back now i see alot of nice ideas added to the thread and its turned into a sticky niiiiice thanks admin and to all the people who contributed.

Ive rcntly sold my sat system but i didnt sell the dish as i knew i will be thinking of putting the system back up soon so will need the dish plus i liked it and took me alot of time to ge the dish i liked and at £60 definatly no selling lol.

BUD MAN asked what could i recive i do remember getting turksat at 30 east and abit further all the way to 5 or 8 degrees west i definatly couldnt get 26 or 28 degree east as cos of the trees after the trees i could get a few birds before 12 degree east hotty but they wernt very clear as u can see from the pics theres been some seriouse modding on the co rotor a chunky hole drilled right through it i definatly know its not a complete co rotor itself as i was looking it seems to be a carbon fibre chunk part of come old co rotor that has a bore drilled through it about 1.5 inch in diamter and on one end i got a c120 invacom and then i got a feedhorn wich i dont even know is made to work with that dish so its abit rough mayb thats why my signals wernt too good im assuming but could be wrong.

The dish where the lnb is does have its orginbal ring to witch a co rotor either by ads or chapparel can be mounted.

CrouchingTiger

Schnell Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mega Sat 1.8 meter mesh sat dish prim focus.

Invacom c120 lnb with chaparal co rotor and feedhorn.

Jaeger H-H smr 1224 supermount.

echnomate 1500ci+ patched darkman.
My Location
Highwycombe, Buckinghamshire
Oh i miss you, even though i sold everything else i stil got dish stored away, i can see a new project coming up very soon guys.

Will keep you all updated