Home computers targeted by hackers '50 times a day'

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta
BBC
thisislondon.co.uk said:
Home PCs could be under attack from hackers over 50 times a night, suggests a BBC News Website experiment.

The BBC News Website team set up a honeypot' PC – a computer that looks like a normal PC online but records everything that's done to it – in order to find out the dangers facing web users.

Every single time the 'honeypot' was put online it was attacked. In one of the busiest nights of malicious online activity, the computer was attacked 53 times:
:mad:

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Anyone who runs Microsoft software on a PC should use some form of malware protection!

But, I'm not sure what prompted that BBC article, maybe one of the journalists had a bad personal experience?

The phrase "malware epidemic" was coined sometime around 2004, to signify the huge upsurge in such programs, and it just keeps getting worse .......

News - IT Security News - SC Magazine UK .

The BBC report doesn't tell much, without saying exactly HOW the computer was connected to Internet. Some ISPs remove malware, and dialup/broadband have different "attack modes". Yes, computers are frequntly targeted. So what's new?

At present, Linux seems "fairly free" of attacks .....