home dvd recorders

doggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
at the moment i have sky+. if i record a film and want to convert it dvd i need to capture it on my pc before burning it to dvd.
im thinking about buying a dvd recorder to save me the hassle.
do any of these dvd recorders interface or communicate with sky plus so i dont need to record it once to sky+ and then again on to dvd or would it be possible to use the dvd recoders own hard drive and then burn it to dvd at a faster speed than real time?

cheers

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
A DVD recorder will sit happily with a Sky+ box and record anything sent to it by the scart socket (or RF). Make sure you have a good quality scart cable, not a cheap one.
The only exceptions are Sky Box Office channels which have macrovision protection, thus preventing copying.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Its the same as recording to dvd later. Just put scart out into the Input scart on dvd. And tv scart from dvd to TV. You can use the timer function on the dvd for this. Ch should be AV 1 or 2 it depends on how many inputs there is. When recorded you can then copy it to your hd on your computer to edit/ burn again etc.

doggy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thanks.
all this depends on the sky box being left on the channel i want to record?
so if i want to record a movie on 301 when im out i would need to make sure the sky is left on 301? am i right?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire