Home made positioner

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
With respect, I don't need a lesson on the design and construction of mains - powered equipment. I've built many projects, from the simplest relay-driven device to a colour television. I understand your concern with the safety aspect when considering such projects, but a little common sense with regard to layout etc. is useful to have, and I certainly wouldn't give or sell homemade mains-powered equipment to anybody.

Llew

bifferos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 Metre Dish, Channel Master H-H mount, ACME Actuator, Skystar2, PIII-600MHz
My Location
UK
Llew said:
With respect, I don't need a lesson on the design and construction of mains - powered equipment. I've built many projects, from the simplest relay-driven device to a colour television. I understand your concern with the safety aspect when considering such projects, but a little common sense with regard to layout etc. is useful to have, and I certainly wouldn't give or sell homemade mains-powered equipment to anybody.

Llew
With respect (such a wonderful expression isn't it), whether you would or wouldn't give away such equipment is irrelevant. Your level of electrical experience is also irrelevant. Your post had the potential to mislead other forum members so I responded.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
This is a hobby forum, and the things people come up with to solve problems in their own shack will obviously bear only a passing resemblance to commercially produced units that do the same job. If you are not comfortable working with voltages greater than those in the tens then don't do it. If you are, then a box will make little difference as you will have the experience and be constantly aware of the parts 'with teeth' and treat them with the necessary respect.

Let's keep this interesting and informative thread just that.

L.:)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
bifferos said:
With respect (such a wonderful expression isn't it), whether you would or wouldn't give away such equipment is irrelevant. Your level of electrical experience is also irrelevant. Your post had the potential to mislead other forum members so I responded.

Hang on, I was just suggesting that these were the significant items that would in theory be all one would need to obtain the 36V needed for the actuator. There may indeed be others who might be daft enough to think that's all that's required, but I'm merely trying to provide a solution to your setup. If you're not happy with it, don't bother.

Llew

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
As long as nobody blows a fuse here that's ok :-rofl2