hook 2 stb's to 1 lnb

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar2 pci skystar usb + porty lidl camping dish maybe one day i'll have a dreambox 500s...
My Location
str8 frum da wesside innit?
hi there.
Does that allow you to use both receivers at the same time then? only on the same transponder?

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar2 pci skystar usb + porty lidl camping dish maybe one day i'll have a dreambox 500s...
My Location
Know what?

Got my portyII out of his box (never use the bastard - only fta hehe) and hook the thing to the lnb. Got my ss2 usb on its loop... result:
- could tune to different channels on same transponder... no problem
- could tune to same channel (obviously - but funny thing - image on my ss2 was a few secs delayed - even though my porty II was hooked up analogically to a wintv on my desktop)
- then tried switching to channels in different transponders and know what? it worked if the transponder had the same polarity!!!!! Tried it on H and V; and it works great!!!! Is this how it's meant to happen? i keep reading this and that on how you can only tune in to the same transponder...
- could even scan another transponder whilst being locked to a channel on the porty II (if on the same polarity, obviously).

Marvelous, innit? ali's in the house aiiii

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hey spiney could i get your thought on the matter?

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
I got the same results as you when I connected a second receiver to the first receiver's loop through BNC. As far as I remember I set the second receiver not to send power to the LNB.

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ah! that's an interesting tip... i'll fiddle my dvb software to try to find such an option see if i can :)

cheers!