Hope this is allowed....

Jetman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pansat 2700
Viewsat Xtreme
My Location
Canada
I am from Canada and we use fta systems with names like Pansat, Viewsat and Coolsat to name a few. These systems are used to receive television from providers that are not allowed to be named here, those would be the two main providers in North America. The Canadian provider has switched to Nagra3 or N3 as it is referred to and programming is no longer viewable, the U.S. Provider is slated to move to N3 in the new year (2009) it is my understanding that this same encryption is being used in the UK and Europe. I am trying to find information if this is true, is this the correct place to discuss this information, if not were would one go?
Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. I read the rules and scanned all the forums and this seems to be the right place to ask this question. I do not know what the UK or European equivalent equipment would be or what your fta (free to air) boxes are called. I am not talking plastic, emu, card sharing etc. I hope someone can answer or point me in the right direction as rumors are rife on the north american forums about N3 being opened in Europe so any info is greatly appreciated. I would like to be able to report that the rumors are true or false and quell the constant bickering and rumors that are running rampant on our local forums. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
Hi mate in a word ,NO. N3 is not cracked,yet.Many main European providers have changed to N3 so we have lost a lot of viewing.Hope this helps a little.If not do a forum search and hopefully you will find what you are after.

Jetman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pansat 2700
Viewsat Xtreme
My Location
Canada
colinp said:
Hi mate in a word ,NO. N3 is not cracked,yet.Many main European providers have changed to N3 so we have lost a lot of viewing.Hope this helps a little.If not do a forum search and hopefully you will find what you are after.

Thanks mate, appreciate the help, will try a forum search although as I mentioned I am not quite sure what equipment you use that is equivalent to ours.

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
glasgow
One would presume it's the same ie DVB-S MPEG2,4 and DVB-S4 among others.Anologuesat 's posts are probably the best to search for as that is his forte,other than that which his name suggests.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
You have no idea how lucky you are.
You can always subscribe without any limitations like we have in Europe and the Middle East, as each country restrict their satellite subscription package only to the specific country.
Sky UK only in the UK
Canal Sat only in France
Cyfra + only in Poland
Sky Italia only in Italy
and so on.
You call that United Europe?

Jetman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pansat 2700
Viewsat Xtreme
My Location
Canada
colinp said:
One would presume it's the same ie DVB-S MPEG2,4 and DVB-S4 among others.Anologuesat 's posts are probably the best to search for as that is his forte,other than that which his name suggests.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear, I meant the brand names of your fta receivers, like ours being Viewsat, Pansat etc. Thanks again for the info.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Jetman said:
I would like to be able to report that the rumors are true or false and quell the constant bickering and rumors that are running rampant on our local forums. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

Nagra 3 is secure and has been for the 12 months or so since the Portuguese provider Cabo went over to N3 - much to the disgust of many of our Portuguese members :D.

Jetman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pansat 2700
Viewsat Xtreme
My Location
Canada
Thanks for the info, I will relay this to the forums here in North America and check back from time to time. Just out of curiosity has there been any headway in the hack or are they still stymied?

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
glasgow
I would equate it to pushing a pea up Everest with your nose .It can be done but it will take a long time.:-rofl2We wait as always.We can do no other.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
By the way, worth mentioning that FTA really does mean free to air (not encrypted) in European parlance, no hidden meaning and often the cause of much confusion for our Transatlantic visitors.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
HellO!
welcome on board:)
we have many of difrent receiver brands here in europe!
i cant list them all ,because there are to many,take a look on the german ebay and you find them all!

sooner or later n*s win the "battle" against N3,premiere swtich it off in 2012
and then it is videoguard only,when n3,would be secure,the next upcoming years ,other providers will follow!
but ,the licence coast of N*S are extremly high,this was also ,on of the main reason,why bbc sends fta,to save the coasts!

i have also bought panamasat blindscan form canada,with big power transformator from 220 volt to 110 ,the only problem, i dont find european satelites in the list,but,the blindscan,takes long,but will find them all!