Horizon HDSM USB - Latest Firmware and software

fta101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA
My Location
US
I have a HD-S2 Peyu75 can you send me the S2_SatEdit Program.

Thanks

EJK65

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra2, Astra1 & Hotbird with 4 into 1 DiSEqC switch. Win 10 PC.
My Location
Co. Kerry, Ireland
Hello,
I have a HDSM USB Plus with version1.08a-0045.
I need latest f/w, astra1, astra2, SkyQ and Hotbird please.

Thanks, great work!

jmcsats

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Installer
My Location
Ireland
Hi all, I have a Horizon HDSM USB Plus version 4 and need an up to date transponder list to upload to it with Astra, Hotbird etc., if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance Jason

EJK65

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra2, Astra1 & Hotbird with 4 into 1 DiSEqC switch. Win 10 PC.
My Location
Co. Kerry, Ireland
Hi all, I have a Horizon HDSM USB Plus version 4 and need an up to date transponder list to upload to it with Astra, Hotbird etc., if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance Jason
Hi jmcsats,
I was in same situation after I downloaded and ran 'SatEdit HDSM 1-23 User' as detailed in this thread. I inadvertently deleted my existing transponders using the 'File', 'Load' operation. Not recommended!
Then I used KingOfSat to 'Define' current and relevant Horiz & Vert / Low & High transponders (4) for each satellite using the 'SatEdit HDSM 1-23 User' software.
When you're happy with each transponder's parameters, use the 'Test' function while HDSM USB Plus is simultaneously connected to both usb (pc) and also to an aligned dish. This effectively tests and saves each Tx to the meter, done!
The HDSM should display Signal level and quality bars.
You can test (& save) each Tx in turn and also save a list of all your required Tx's all using the 'SatEdit HDSM 1-23 User'.
It's a little old-school and can be tedious but it does work well.
Grab a large coffee and give it a try. Let me know how you get on.

jmcsats

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Installer
My Location
Ireland
Hi EJK65

Thanks for your reply. I knew you could do it that way but I'm looking for the easy way out and hoping to find someone who has already done it and is willing to share. If all else fails I'll have to do it the old school way.

Peyu75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace MSP980 Positioner x2szt
GI-S 980 2CR2CI HD PVR
Shovboxvitamin 5000HD
Lnb single Invacom SNF-031
Dish 2me 90E-43W Heavy Duty 36"
Orbitron mesh 3m
Laminas 1,8m 28E {1N 2F}
My Location
Poland
Fta101 Hello, welcome to Skype

paulkaykel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky/freesat
My Location
south wales uk
does anyone know where i can get an updated transponder program for astra 28E for my horizon hdsm usb satellite meter please?

Ranger4

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra 28.2 Frreesat Instal
My Location
midlands
Hello All
New member here originaly from UK
Now living in Ireland i am a Satellite Installer and would be very greatful if someone would take the time to help me update my HORIZON HD S2 With all the main Sats with two Hd transpondonders both H & V for each satellite
along with Sky Q and Freesat Transponders i need 2 transponders for the Nos portugeese channels on Hispasat 30.0W along with latest transponders for thor, Turksat the Eutelsats plus Hotbird
I have had to turn down work recently as meter unable to search a lot of thease Sats due to out dated Tp Lists
Could someone kindly take the time to help me out asap as need meter for work Will be willing to pay to get meter updated asap Thanks
R4.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hello All
New member here originaly from UK
Now living in Ireland i am a Satellite Installer and would be very greatful if someone would take the time to help me update my HORIZON HD S2 With all the main Sats with two Hd transpondonders both H & V for each satellite
along with Sky Q and Freesat Transponders i need 2 transponders for the Nos portugeese channels on Hispasat 30.0W along with latest transponders for thor, Turksat the Eutelsats plus Hotbird
I have had to turn down work recently as meter unable to search a lot of thease Sats due to out dated Tp Lists
Could someone kindly take the time to help me out asap as need meter for work Will be willing to pay to get meter updated asap Thanks
R4.
According to posts in this section of the forum, Horizon meters are rebadged Birdoog units. The official distributor for Birdoog canned support for the meters as they couldnt get updates for them from the manufacturers!

Your meter may well be so much junk now.

Ranger4

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
midlands
According to posts in this section of the forum, Horizon meters are rebadged Birdoog units. The official distributor for Birdoog canned support for the meters as they couldnt get updates for them from the manufacturers!

Your meter may well be so much junk now.
Thanks for reply
Having read some of the previous posts i thought a few HD S2 Owners did manage to download software which enabled their meters to update several transponders for their Horizon meters thanks to a fellow member peyu75 Could any other members confirm this is possible, Thanks
R4.

Last edited:

Ranger4

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
midlands
I have a HD-S2 Peyu75 can you send me the S2_SatEdit Program.

Thanks
Did you get to load satedit programe along with updating your HD S2 Meter.

Ranger4

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
midlands
Could someone please pm peyu75 on my behalf asking if he could get in touch as i cannot send pms
many thanks
R4.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
@Peyu75 can you help?

@Ranger4 you will need to be patient - not every member logs in every day - peyu75 hasnt been logged into the forum for 10 days or so.

Peyu75

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace MSP980 Positioner x2szt
GI-S 980 2CR2CI HD PVR
Shovboxvitamin 5000HD
Lnb single Invacom SNF-031
Dish 2me 90E-43W Heavy Duty 36"
Orbitron mesh 3m
Laminas 1,8m 28E {1N 2F}
My Location
Poland
Ranger4 I send you message pw

altin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
horizon satellite meter
My Location
ireland
Fta101 Hello, welcome to Skype
Hi
would you be able to help me as well with few satellites for my meter plase
i have v3 usb model
thanks

Ranger4

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
midlands
Thanks to Peyu
For sending updated sat transponder list plus the satedit file However i keep getting the following message on multiple windows platforms from win 8 to win 10 & 11 when trying to open satedit file
When trying to open the Satedit file following message keeps displaying;
"Component MSCOMM32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly regestered; a file is missing or invalid"
Anyone else come across this message when trying to open Satedit and find a fix Cant understand how same message appears in win 8/10 & 11.

bricklayer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Old Sky+ box receiving from Astra 28.2, Optiplex 755 computer
My Location
Suffolk, UK
I'm a new member here, came on hoping to find up-to-date Astra 28.2 sat list download for my HDSM meter (earlier RJ45 model) - especially since in January this year the BBC dropped all their SD channels, so there will be lots of changes there - my present software only works on just one of the four transponders given for that satellite and it's obviously only a matter of time before that stops working too. I'll also need the utility program to install it. I've read all 11 pages of the post dating back several years, one or two links are given but which seem now to be inactive, a couple of people appear to have received some data from other members privately via PM, but there's nothing on here in terms of a link to any fairly recent dataset. Is there no-one out there at all who can help all of us who have the Horizon satellite meters? I'd happily pay a few quid for the download if one was available. It seems a shame that all the Horizon meters should become doorstops just for want of a bit of software.

badass

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sat installer ,geek
My Location
Ireland
Hi, new to forum......like those above i want to keep using my trusty horizon hdsm usb,
I still am using the last list i downloaded....and just getting away with it .(Like Bricklayer above)
An updated list would be great, I am willing to pay for it. I havent done it for a long time, but you can manually add transponders .
I am sure some of you clever clogs could rustle up a list !!

badass

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sat installer ,geek
My Location
Ireland
Could someone please pm peyu75 on my behalf asking if he could get in touch as i cannot send pms
many thanks
R4.
how did you get on lad?

bricklayer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Old Sky+ box receiving from Astra 28.2, Optiplex 755 computer
My Location
Suffolk, UK
My post on Tuesday failed to bring forth any useful response, so I wanted to send a PM to other members such as Peyu75 who have in the past posted links and downloads, however it turns out that I can't and other members have suggested in their posts that this will be because I'm a new member. I checked the site rules and there's no mention of this, then I clicked on 'contact' and sent a message to the site manager on the subject but haven't received any response. Another option (if I was able to send PMs to other members) would be to see if enough of us could club together and pay someone who is expert in the field to write the new software we need for our meters. I'm getting quite frustrated now.