Anonimouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony Bravia TV
Humax PVR
Humax Foxsat
My Location
kent
Is this available on Freesat? it is not on the EPG but I have read various stuff on the web saying it is a free channel. can anybody tell me how to find it on a Humax freesat recorder?

thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Select non-Freesat mode and then scan the Transponder 12560 V 27500 2/3

Anonimouse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony Bravia TV
Humax PVR
Humax Foxsat
My Location
kent
thanks for that I have no idea how to select a transponder. I have scanned for non freesat channels and still can't see it

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Then you need to add a User Transponder with the parameters given above.

Alongside Transponder near the top of the menu, click on it and either scroll all the way to the bottom or just scroll up to the end of the list and User TP becomes available. Select and then complete all the boxes, save and scan.

Or, you could try selecting "Network" further down the main non-freesat menu: That might do it - or it might not.

Finally, for detailed info about using Foxsat in non-freesat mode. have a look at

xttp://www.astra2d.com/diseqc.html

Vin Blanc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HD recorder. Arcon Multi 57cm prime focus dish tripod mounted for caravan use.

Desktop and Laptop computers.
My Location
New Milton, Hants
Anonimouse said:
Is this available on Freesat? Can anybody tell me how to find it on a Humax freesat recorder?

Sorry this reply has taken so long but I had a problem with registration and am only now able to post replies.

Click Menu Settings
and select STB Mode

Press OK to change it to Non Freesat

Exit and scroll down to Set up and select Manual Tune.

Select Transponder

According to "Kingofsat" the transponder figure for "Horse and Country" is
12560V 27500 2/3 Highlight it and click OK

If the number doesn’t appear, enter it manually and click OK
Click Search. This should put about 8 channels into your Non Freesat section starting with channel number 5001
Scroll back to Edit channels and delete the channels you don’t want.

Don’t forget to change STB Mode back to Freesat for your normal Freesat channels.

To watch "Horse and Country" it will always be necessary to change to Non Freesat via STB Mode.

Good luck!

Vin Blanc

[warning]Live External Link Removed - Please see Forum Rules[/warning]

numenius

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
.. A Panasonic TU-DSB40 Sky Digibox given to me by my neighbour when he traded up. As yet thats all I've got and I DON'T want to subscribe to Sky but would like to see what I can find for free and learn from there before buying something more - at t
My Location
Northumberland
I currently have an old S_y box given to me by a neighbour which I set up for the sole reason of getting Horse & Country for my daughter! Now my terrestrial PVR has died I am thinking it's maybe time to get a Freesat setup (plus moving soon to a remote house with no terrestrial TV reception at all due to being in a forest, so might as well buy the Freesat box now)- however, what other models will allow me to add H & C (by which I mean as well as the Humax). Do all Freesat PVR sets have a non freesat mode in which I could programme in H&C for my daughter or is it only certain models? Sorry if this has been asked, I've scanned the forum and asked at my nearest electricals shed (just got a blank look :confused from the salesman when I asked about which Freesat PVR models had a non-Freesat setting). So in brief, I need Freesat and the ability to get H&C without having to run 2 boxes (like I am now). Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The one I like is the Technisat single tuner Freesat receiver, will record to any USB storage device and will stream video from a network source, plus it has a proper "other satellites" menu with DiSEqC functions.

The Samsung Freesat unit is apparently also good, but cannot see from the spec whether it has a non-Freesat mode. The Humax is obviously popular, the Sagem Freesat+ receiver has a non-Freesat mode as well.

Juan69

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Ariva, Samsung and Comag PVR 2 100CL
3 dishes, 80cm, 100cm, 140cm
My Location
Murcia - Costa Blanca.
numenius said:
I currently have an old S_y box given to me by a neighbour which I set up for the sole reason of getting Horse & Country for my daughter! Now my terrestrial PVR has died I am thinking it's maybe time to get a Freesat setup (plus moving soon to a remote house with no terrestrial TV reception at all due to being in a forest, so might as well buy the Freesat box now)- however, what other models will allow me to add H & C (by which I mean as well as the Humax). Do all Freesat PVR sets have a non freesat mode in which I could programme in H&C for my daughter or is it only certain models? Sorry if this has been asked, I've scanned the forum and asked at my nearest electricals shed (just got a blank look :confused from the salesman when I asked about which Freesat PVR models had a non-Freesat setting). So in brief, I need Freesat and the ability to get H&C without having to run 2 boxes (like I am now). Thanks.
I have three receivers and all are able to get Horse and Country. You can either find the Transponder with the details given above already within the receiver setup menus, or as said above you can type them in yourself.
All good fun. Try using your existing box to practice before buying a new one. That way you will understand what is being said. It´s fun to learn.

Vin Blanc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HD recorder. Arcon Multi 57cm prime focus dish tripod mounted for caravan use.

Desktop and Laptop computers.
My Location
New Milton, Hants
numenius said:
I however, what other models will allow me to add H & C (by which I mean as well as the Humax). Do all Freesat PVR sets have a non freesat mode in which I could programme in H&C for my daughter or is it only certain models?

Not sure about all Humax models and I am not familiar with other makes..

I have the 360gb PVR with non-Freesat mode and I know that the latest 500gb twin tuner recorder model also has this facility.

These factory refurbished ones ("Managers specials") are worth considering.

_http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/product.asp?ProdRef=10105

Once you have successfully installed it, just follow the "idiots guide" I posted earlier.

Vin Blanc

[warning]Live Link disabled iaw Forum Rules :cool:[/warning]

numenius

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
.. A Panasonic TU-DSB40 Sky Digibox given to me by my neighbour when he traded up. As yet thats all I've got and I DON'T want to subscribe to Sky but would like to see what I can find for free and learn from there before buying something more - at t
My Location
Northumberland
Yep - I've ordered a "Managers special" - could have got it about £15 less from fleabay but worh that amount for the backing of dealing direct. Thank you for the advice.

numenius

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northumberland
Well, set those figures as shown above into my new box and once it was scanned in got a young lady with a large chest half hanging out, talking on a telephone :eek:... now I'm not a horse expert, but somehow I suspect that this may no longer be the Horse & Country settings!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Still on 12560V 27500 2/3

You probably found Live XXX Babes on the same frequency :D

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It is still there on 12560 V 27500 2/3

There is also a 12560 H 27500 2/3 so take care to select V

If your Foxsat hasn't got the V version pre-stored, scroll to the very end of the TP list and you'll find a "User" option where you can add, store and scan the correct one.

I linked all the relevant destructions earlier in the Thread.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Analoguesat said:
Still on 12560V 27500 2/3

You probably found Live XXX Babes on the same frequency :D

aka Arse & Country ??

(I could have gone further ...............)