Hotbird 13 channel

fn999

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
icecrypt s2000CCi + 80cm dish
My Location
UK
Hi,

I installed a satellite kit (80cm dish) for my Mum at her house about 6.5 years ago so she could watch Italian TV.

She is on her second decoder box - an Icecrypt S2000CCI - which she has been using for a few years now.

One of the channels she really likes is called Padre Pio TV. Recently she hasn't been able to get it. I have rescanned the box a couple of times. I went to their website yesterday and it said that in January 2016 they moved the channel from

DVB-S 11.179,00 MHz transponder 133 to 11.662 MHz, Transponder 158, DVB-S2 8PSK
(- Teleradiopadrepio.it)

Looking at the spec for the icecrypt box it doesn't support DVB-S2.

But what I don't get is why it is only now that she can't get the channel, if they moved it in January?

Does she need a new box or is it something else?

Any help appreciated.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It's possible they kept the original version of the Channel running for a while precisely in order to give people time to upgrade their Receivers, if necessary.

I'll do some digging.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
According to Flysat (A major listings site), the original version left a couple of days ago (11Aug, to be exact), so it seems my guess was correct.

S2 capable box now required.

Hopefully someone else will confirm.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Welcome to the forum! :)

Where channels change mode typically its simulcast for a few months to allow viewers to sort their receivers out. and cable companies who may take the channel for onwards redistribution to get themselves reconfigured.

Buy a cheap DVB-S2 receiver and things will be good again. I can confirm the channel is indeed broadcasting on 11662V in DVB-S2.

The Technomate TM5402's are well regarded and not very expensive. (Quite a few of our members & staff have them) They also work well with Tivusat cards & cams should you decide to go down that route for extra Italian programming for mama

fn999

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
icecrypt s2000CCi + 80cm dish
My Location
UK
Thanks for the quick replies.Really appreciated.

I just checked with my Mum. Yes it was Thursday when it went down.

Anyone suggest a cheaper box? She's a pensioner. (I seem to recall the icecrypt box was about £50).

I looked into a Tivusat's CAM a few years back (icecrypt has a slot) - tried to buy one in Italy, but they weren't having it unless you had an Italian address. I seem to recall they were daylight robbery in UK ~£150. Maybe they are cheaper now.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Openbox V8S, around £35

A

Archive7

The streaming works well. Video quality will be much better if you upgrade to a receiver with HD support.