Hotbird 6/7A/8

sundowner263

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1000D Super
My Location
Cumbria UK
Hi All from England

Just got 13e set it up. I have to ask you this, pls bare with me. What is the difference between Hotbird 6/7A/8. How comes they all 13e but different names.

THE REASON I AM ASKING ASKING IS; I have Hotbird channels but some missing such as SKY Italia. When I put the specific info manually fot this channel, receiver displays that chanell exist so I can`t do manual search for this channel. But Channel is not listed though. PLS HELP

I sincerly appreciate any help.

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
Hi
Those satellites are in space within a few hundred kms of one another, they are termed co-located. In otherwords your dish pointed at 13east will pick up transmissions from all of them.
Software in receivers is usually out of date by the time you buy the receiver. In addition channels come and go quite frequently on the most favourite locations ie 13east, 19east and 28east to name just a few.
You could take a look at _http://www.flysat.com/satlist.php
to get a reasonable updated list of channels/frequencies etc.
Any channel/transponder that is missing from your receiver will have to be put in manually or you could try a network search which might pick up changes in transponders. If you have blind scan/ power search on your receiver this should pick up all that is being transmitted and which you can pick up at your location.
Take a look at the footprints for the channel that you want to watch, you might just be out of reach in getting a signal at your location with your equipment.
Parky

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
There are three birds co-located, withing a few miles of each other but being so far out from the surface of the earth they appear to be in the same position when viewed from the earths surface.

The sky channels you will not be able to see as they are encrypted with videoguard. Perhaps your receiver does not display channels it cannot decrypt, don't forget that sky use soft encryption and key encryption.

Also you may be out of the footprint or your dish is not big enough but as you do not list your location or details nobody could know this

sundowner263

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1000D Super
My Location
Cumbria UK
Thank you both!!! Very helpfull. Just one more thing, I can`t raely get clear info about watching encrypted channels. Just basic info would be very very very nice if you can.
Oncw thanks again guys. Did blind search got more channels now including encrypted channels

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
sundowner263 said:
Thank you both!!! Very helpfull. Just one more thing, I can`t raely get clear info about watching encrypted channels. Just basic info would be very very very nice if you can.
Oncw thanks again guys. Did blind search got more channels now including encrypted channels

Generally speaking - pay for them or do without is an accurate assessment. :D

Certainly for Sky Italia. One or two providers are compromised IF you have the right receiver (TPS on 13E and Cabo on 30W are good examples) AND are willing to update the key files regularly.

The list of cmpromised providers changes by the week - for example Cabo is in the middle of a card swap which will send them black again in a few weeks time.