Hotbird setup in Newcastle

ivorb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 7755, 80cm dish - Hotbird
My Location
Newcastle
I'm looking at buying a system to receive Art sports footy. Anyone from up these parts already got a system set up and if so any tips.

I've been told that because I live so far north that I'll need an 80cm dish and 0.2db lnb. I'm looking to buy a tecnomate 7755 receiver.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
80cm ummm

if your just thinking of fixing your dish at 13e then i suppose 80cm might be ok, but if your going to have a fully motorised system then a bigger dish would be advisable

and if it is a fixed dish, and you just want if for footy and your using an ART card then i wouldnt spend a fortune on your setup... most people get this using a cheap receiver and dish/lnb combo

buying a more expensive LNB isnt such a wise thing to do, if your only watching ART sport... its a poor reception even with the best setup money can buy.

dont let that put you off though... its still a great service

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
you can get packages on the various sat shops on the net with everything included to get art sports , some include the card for either 6 or 12 months

ivorb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Newcastle
it is a fixed system and you're right - I don't wanna spend a fortune.It's about £100 quid for the receiver and a fiver for the lnb (from ebay) so by the time I pay for the card it'll be about £300 (ish) which compared to S*Y for a year is pretty good.

When you say that the picture isn't great - that's what I'm worried about.I'd be happier if I knew what the reception was like around here before I take the plunge

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I think the sound on one of the channels was dodgy last season but I believe that's ok now.

For the card, are you looking to get the full carte package or just the sport channnels 1 -4. There's a difference in price, the full carte is double the sport card.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
ivorb said:
When you say that the picture isn't great - that's what I'm worried about.I'd be happier if I knew what the reception was like around here before I take the plunge

because its broadcast in digital, you will either receive a picture or you wont... but im sure you will get a decent picture in Newcastle

if your worried, why not get a bigger dish to make sure :) wont cost much more

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I've seen the picture and was singularly unimpressed. looked like a video which had been copied too many times, nothing to do with signal reception, just a bad picture.

ivorb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Newcastle
jimbo said:
I think the sound on one of the channels was dodgy last season but I believe that's ok now.

For the card, are you looking to get the full carte package or just the sport channnels 1 -4. There's a difference in price, the full carte is double the sport card.

I'm just looking for football - are there 6 channels from next season?

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
i heard it was 6 too...

you will have to wait and see... its a suprise :D

lol

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
ivorb said:
are there 6 channels from next season?

On the old blue cards they are only showing channels 1-4, you will need the new card for all six channels.

The signal strength on this transponder was raised recently, but as Rolf said some of the pictures are second rate.
Just hope that the Premiership games next season are of a higher quality, which I think they will be.

Also crackling noise on Art Sports 2 is still there on the English commentry.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
ot but hows do art picture quality compare to digitalb channels ?

R

Removed

Hi, from Portugal...

In deed im also thinking about geting a aport card for the 2006/2007 soccer season.

On hotbird (13ºeast) we can get the Al jazeera sport 1 + 2 (cards for 6 or 12 months) that cover the portuguese, spanish and italian leagues, along with UEFA and champions league. LIVE GAMES, i've been told.

On same hotbird, theres another option. ART 1,2,3,4,5,6 (6 channels) wich cover, also, the premiership.

Ther's also a complete package ART+ Aljazeera...

My question is: does anybody has experienced these channels before? I think last season they were in nilesat satelite.

Another question: is there any chances i can get a SKY sports card cheaper than what i see in online sat-shops?

Thanks in advances and...sorry for my bad english! :-bash

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rochdale
Ola Delfim

the card your talking about is on Nilesat.. heres the link for the card Portuguese users are buying
_http://www.falconsat.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=112

£27.99... that is really cheap!!
i cant vouch for the firm selling these, as i havent bought from them, but it gives you an idea what you can get :)

R

Removed

But i can choose the hotbird option, right?

Al jazeera and ART sports have more completed packages on hotbird...

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Don't look like it as it says "Pre paid card 12 months on Nilesat Al Jazeera Sport 1/2 IRDETO2"

Says nothing about their service on Hotbird.
Think you will find the Hotbird service a LITTLE more expensive. :-doh!

R

Removed

yes there is fuul package on hotbird.

Check this out:

_http://www.falconsat.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=193&osCsid=0331c5738d99d7c80c1458be29037606

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
rolfw said:
I've seen the picture and was singularly unimpressed. looked like a video which had been copied too many times, nothing to do with signal reception, just a bad picture.

As Rolf say's some of pictures look like old video's, which I think is ART showing old recorded matches to fill in the spaces.

I have just seen a recording of Portsmouth's match against Blackburn from last season and the picture quality was fine, as will be the live games next season.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Rob said:
On the old blue cards they are only showing channels 1-4, you will need the new card for all six channels.

Never have I been so happy to be wrong but my old blue card is now showing Art Sports channels 5 & 6 as well.
At the moment it is only a test card saying channel 5 and channel 6 instead of a black screen saying World Cup channel 1 & 2.
But it's looking good, happy, happy, happy.

:-bighappy :-bighappy :-bighappy

:-balloons :-balloons :-balloons

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
ivorb said:
I'm looking at buying a system to receive Art sports footy. Anyone from up these parts already got a system set up and if so any tips.

I've been told that because I live so far north that I'll need an 80cm dish and 0.2db lnb. I'm looking to buy a tecnomate 7755 receiver.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi ivorb, Im up in Galashiels. An 80cm dish will give you plenty of signal from Hotbird. Now the older lower powered satellites are being pensioned off, a 60 cm would probably be sufficient. However the 80 will still give better rain fade margin for the inevitable bad weather we get up here. Dont worry about buying the 0.2dB lnb - any lnb around 0.8dB will be fine - I use 0.8, 0.6, anything I can get my hands on cheap....!

Would have answered earlier but Ive been on my holidays :)

ivorb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Newcastle
thanks for all the replies - 80cm dish being fitted next week and a technomate 7755 on the way.