Hotbird Transponder Power

D

doverrog

My Location
Maidstone
Whoops I posted on the wrong forum.
Please see my thread on the "Multi-Receivers/Tv Systems" (today 8th November) which I meant to post here.
It's about reception problems from some transponders even on the same beam from Hotbird.
I can get all, with the same set up (except for changing the diseqc switch to an A/B manual), on my Echostar 808 2ci Viacess but some disappear when I try to use my SKY+ which gives "No signal being received" even though the Echostar meter shows ok.
All ideas welcome.

L

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
The Echostar got a more sensitive tuner than the Sky+ receiver and that means you are probably just on the margin on receving or not.

D

doverrog

My Location
Maidstone
Thanks Likvid.
It's interesting that in any lists of transponders I've seen (including Lyngsat) they don't seem to publish transponder power, but just give beam/coverage implying that if you can receive from a particular beam then you should be able to receive all the transponders within that beam.

BGonaSTICK

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
The footprint maps show the 'contours' by power (or dish size in some cases - which can be 'converted', at least approximately).

See here for a basic description...

h**p://www.satsig.net/satellite-internet-access.htm

In theory, all transponders listed on that beam should be of the same power.
Well that's my understanding, but I'm sure in reality there might be a slight difference.