how do i?

caretaker

When i try to download a file from other sites a notice says that before i download,i should turn off the Firewall on my computer. Is this right?,if so then how do i turn Firewall off?

rob43

My Location
canaries
caretaker said:
When i try to download a file from other sites a notice says that before i download,i should turn off the Firewall on my computer. Is this right?,if so then how do i turn Firewall off?
hi caretaker. i´m not 100% sure but try tools on the toolbar above, click internet options/ then have a look in all the tabs to see if its in there. rob43

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
In windows XP if you go to the properties of the connection (dial up or broadband) in network connections you can then enable/disable the built in Windows firewall. Also if you are running a firewall like ZoneAlarm you can disable it in the icon taskbar near the clock.

However what are you trying to download? A site that tells you to disable your firewall when downloading from them sounds suspicious. If it is telling you that you will have to stop a popup blocker or cookie control program it is not quite so suspicious, but even so be careful.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm with PoloMint on this one, be very wary of switching off your firewall, I've never switched mine off for a download and have never been prompted to.

caretaker

Thanks guys ,I dont think i will turn firewall off now .But the site is one off rdi-sats list so I thought it may OK?? . Thanks again for your help