How do you get R & L sats?

Dreamlife

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Dish Motorised, Technomate 5500CI Super, Dragon, Conax, DigitAlb, and ART.
My Location
Midlands
I have been looking around lyngsat and notice that some satellites use this R & L instead of H & V. Also the frequencys are only 4 digits long. I do know a bit about satellites but the above is new to me. I take it you need a big dish plus a speacial box to get these channels? :confused

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
No Need a big dish or an special box. If the footprints falls in your part, Tune you exiting dish towards that satellite, then put a teflon disc in feedhorn mouth, Then you find all the channels what were on lyng.

The signals are in circular ths why there are in R & L

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Dreamlife said:
I have been looking around lyngsat and notice that some satellites use this R & L instead of H & V. Also the frequencys are only 4 digits long. I do know a bit about satellites but the above is new to me. I take it you need a big dish plus a speacial box to get these channels? :confused

HiDreamlife,

Can you give a specific example?

However if the frequency is less than 5 digits long it must be C-band. C-band operates at a lot lower frequency than Ku band.
For starters a C-band LNB is required, and ideally one that can cope with circular polarisation.

Also due to the lower frequency the gain of a dish at C-band will be lower than it is at Ku band.

I don't understand what the 'Teflon Disc' is about in Members's post, perhpaps he would like to enlighten us further, I am interested.

Robbo.:)

Dreamlife

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
40 east
Planeta
4125 R

I got a feeling it's c-band that i'm on about. Would I need 2 satellite dishes for ku-band and c-band or will it both work off 1 dish? Also say I have a c-band lnb do I just put 4125 in my dreambox and the channel appears? I got a feeling this stuff requires a big dish over 1.2m so if it does that's me out unless I moved. Maybe one day tho :)

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
I think you dident read my post, Its a C-Band Beam, Point you dish towareds that satellite, then put a freq in your receiver you will get the channel.

But main think dont forget to put a teflon plate in feedhorn mouth, then only you can get that channel, Until then you can view it.

If you want to view both C-BAND & KU-BAND Beams, buy a new C+KU Lnb.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The footprint map seems to suggest you would get it with a 1.2

_http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/eam1_c.html

and yes it is definitely C-band.

Not sure if you can get LNBs that are both C-band and Ku band??

I would have thought that your receiver would do it though, it should say in the specs.

You might be able to strap a C-band LNB alongside the Ku one, you would have to fiddle the its motorised position to allow for it, and it wouldn't be on focus, but it might work.

C-band LNB types ???????

EDit: Member posted whilst I was typing, so it looks like you can get C+Ku band LNBs.

@Member91040.

What is the Teflon plate for??

Robbo

Dreamlife

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Midlands
Thanks, so if I upgraded my dish to 1.2m and bought a 2in1 LNB for ku+c band, what would I pick up? Do you get any live sports on c-band in the UK? :confused

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
Teflone plate for receving circular signal.

Attachments

• 2709060842eb9.jpg
    2709060842eb9.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 2709060843xi3.jpg
    2709060843xi3.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 46

kbmahe

Reaction score
Hello, what our buddy means by teflon is simply a Di-electric plate inserted inside the feed of a linear LNB in order to convert it to circular one so as to be able to receive a circular polarized beams.

The common material used for this purpose is Teflon but any material with di-electric effect like glass can be use also.

Robbo71 said:
The footprint map seems to suggest you would get it with a 1.2

_http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/eam1_c.html

and yes it is definitely C-band.

Not sure if you can get LNBs that are both C-band and Ku band??

I would have thought that your receiver would do it though, it should say in the specs.

You might be able to strap a C-band LNB alongside the Ku one, you would have to fiddle the its motorised position to allow for it, and it wouldn't be on focus, but it might work.

C-band LNB types ???????

EDit: Member posted whilst I was typing, so it looks like you can get C+Ku band LNBs.

@Member91040.

What is the Teflon plate for??

Robbo

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
kbmahe said:
Hello, what our buddy means by teflon is simply a Di-electric plate inserted inside the feed of a linear LNB in order to convert it to circular one so as to be able to receive a circular polarized beams.

The common material used for this purpose is Teflon but any material with di-electric effect like glass can be use also.

Thanks mate, and member91040:)

member91040

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
My Location
INDIA
kbmahe said:

Ya you r right bro...! But most probably knows as Di-electric plat & Teflon Plate too, Both can act as same. Material difference.

patmos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STRONG SRT-4910+,SunRay4HDse,TBS5922, 2.4M P.F Apstar7(76.5 DEGE), 120cm dish PAS 10 Ku( 68.5 DEGE),3.0M Mesh Motorised dish on arc (AM44 (11DEGW) to AM33(96.5 DEGE),150 cm dish W3C(16 DeG E)+ side LNB Ew2A(10 DEGE),90cm W4/W7 (36 DEGE)
My Location
Mauritius
Remember
R=Right=V
L=Left=H
Receiving Right circular polarisation is termed A Pol (That means that the guy is transmitting Left circular pol)
Receiving Left is B Pol ( Transmit Right)
May be confusing to some of you, But this is C band transmission for all Intelsat satellite.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If the signals are strong enough you can get linear polarisation channels on circular lnb's - Ive done it myself, although the picture I got on an analogue tp was pretty horrible :D