How long does it take you to encode a 2 and a half hour DVD, with menus?

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Takes me 18 minutes and it's ready to record. It used to take about SIX hours with the old pc processor. Now I have a newish tower, and I use DVD Shrink. It's a doddle, no different in quality to the original - home made movies I make. :D

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
On any other board this statement would digg about -214: because that is what it is - a useless factual statement.

Here we have a forum: please, Mr. new processor, don't let us feel inadequate.;)

Whatever, I believe my Athlon +3000 can do the same in about 12mins.

As such, I am going to hijack this thread and make it into big-dick processor Q!

so .... who's gotten a new SONY (not Warner) title on their hdd in less than 12mins?

Now that's a Q. :D

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
I dont worry about titles, extras etc.
Just blast the film I want to watch straight from the SS1.

Job done

L.:)

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
BarMoo said:
On any other board this statement would digg about -214: because that is what it is - a useless factual statement.

Here we have a forum: please, Mr. new processor, don't let us feel inadequate.;)

Whatever, I believe my Athlon +3000 can do the same in about 12mins.

As such, I am going to hijack this thread and make it into big-dick processor Q!

so .... who's gotten a new SONY (not Warner) title on their hdd in less than 12mins?

Now that's a Q. :D

Barmoo, I didn't understand a word of that. :D Seriously... ;) Sorry, I did understand the words, but not in the order you put them. :D

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Lancelot said:
I dont worry about titles, extras etc.
Just blast the film I want to watch straight from the SS1.

Job done

L.:)

Yeah right there, mate...loads of time I've ripped a DVD through its initial process, through DVD shrink, and found the film was only 35% of the orginal DVD...the rest were adverts, trailers, still pics, commentaries, and Lord knows what.:-bash :-doh! :D