How many bikers on forum?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Originally posted by dr.gonzo
very nearly 1 less!!!!!!
my front brake started making a permanent clicking noise but seemed to work ok.
when i got home i had a look to see what was wrong.

Man, you should consider yourself lucky! If I was you, i'd play the lottery today...
My learned advice is: Next time you hear a clicking you better find out straight away what it is, especialy if it comes from the brakes (or underneath your car)!

I once worked next to a guy who forgot to tighten the rear brake caliper, where it mounts to the torque arm, when performing a 6000 m service. So after a while the owner stood on the brake, and the caliper turned around together with the wheel, ripped the brake line off and got wedged somewhere. The guy almost fell off (rear wheel blocking unexpectedly can do that) and he came back a pretty unhappy guy. The guy worked as.....wait for that...traffic police, and this was his private toy!!!! But he was cool about it and did not cause too many problems. And the mechanic not too long after changed place of work, and apparently he did another big cock up....

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
What a superb biking weather weekend it was

On Monday small numbers of our club met at Godstone and travelled to Hastings for the MAG rally meet.

The place looked like Douglas IOM during TT week, absolutely full of bikes and leather jackets

Apart from a very small minority of idiots at the promenade T junction the whole thing went very well

Question for other riders - How does the owning of a Yamaha R1 turn the owner into a complete t*sser, or is it the t*sser that is drawn into buying one of these bikes. Whilst the antics of anyone riding is fine when in closed circles, to do what some were doing on the A21 in between busy traffic (some with number plates blacked out and/or removed), would make the police and any observing magistrate bear down on all of us.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I ride a Honda VF700 ("Super Magna"). Not sure I'd call myself a "biker" though, since people who do seem to be more fanatical about the whole thing than I am. For example, my bike lives in the garage, not the living room, and get's polished as little as possible rather than every other hour. Previous bike was an off-roader which suited me more since the accumulated layer of filth actually drew compliments.
2old

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Ahh offroading - called greenlaning sometimes to induce people into the 'sport'

Painful in the extreme, damages ligaments, leather clothing and wre cks the bike

Immense fun in hindsight though - too old to try it again though , will stick with the VF and the Ducati

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Which one of those in the picture is you???

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Im on the other side of the box that flashes and whirrs. Bike on the right of piccy is one from the stable

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Good, I see it is a sporty type. If it was a Harley or a custom we'd had to change your name from Channel Hopper to Anal Chopper :D

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
er, mine's sort of custom style.
Should I be insulted?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lol please don't take offence, all you chopper riders. It was just that here we had a wordplay that was impossible to ignore..

On the subject of custom/sports bikes: I myself don't like them too much in custom. It is not the way they look (because that is a matter of taste), it is more about the way they handle and ride. I prefer a bike that can be leant over without grinding away half of it. I prefer a bike that has good acceleration and can stop on a sixpence. I am not a racing driver or anything, but there is nothing that I like more than finding a nice twisty road and just giving it all I can without having to be careful about the chrome sidestand cover that is going to be scratched. I suppose it is all about what you want from biking. Some people like to go on their bike and pretend they are Foggy, put up all the sporty gear and matching helmets and pose. Some like to buy leather jacket, some leather gaitors to match with leather strips dangling anywhere, make a grim face and pretend they are a badass biker from hell....I am from the variety that just wants to go on a bike and ride fast around bends....So that's about it. And just to finish it off, here is a picture of me in South California trying to grind the sidestand of the GS. I actually managed to do on the first time around, but when I was asked to do it again I got camera nervous....

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
I cant even ride a push bike, (feel left out here)
But i did own a motorised bicycle (or so it was named)
It was a phillips Gadabout (1960) found it two years ago,
it was a pedal bike with a small lever on the crankcase the engaged the engine,I tried renovating for my 13year old to go to school on (would have been a good Law debat with the 5 0 .)
but whilst renovating it got burnt chipped (i put piston back the wrong way) Used to cars (piston from top) this sucker from bottom, broke piston when lump hammer tried to ease back in,
At least i never broke any bones, last time i tried a m/bike i tried turning (hard) and and loosened my collar bone from the rest of me.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
@T_G

I prefer a bike that can be leant over without grinding away half of it

If youre not grinding half a cylinder of a GS when riding then youre not doing it right

If I want to save metal I take out the Ducati, the VF grounds out on most bends, but it could be down to the channel it digs in the road owing to its weight

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
This is a great place they got in California, you pay a few $$ and then you can go wild on miles and miles of tracks....all the thin lines in the background are riding tracks.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
This is a great place they got in California, you pay a few $$ and then you can go wild on miles and miles of tracks....

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Sounds like something that only happens outside this country

I trust they supply the bikes and the gear to wear

Im taking the bike to Brands Hatch early next month to see how it performs

PS Isle of Man TT 2003 has already begun

haga

Reaction score
My Location
Essex
I did Brands last year, good circuit, went to Snetterton a few weeks ago and did a track day, managed 165mph, another good circuit, the one I want to ride is Thruxton, unfortunatly I'm not sure if they do track days there or not,
Keep on biking lads,
haga