How to check RS232 smart card reader

akayed

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
my satellite is connected to router over lan cable but my computer is connected to the lan through wireless and also i can connect to the receiver vi serial
My Location
Jordan
Hi all

Recently I purchased a card reader from a shop I am not sure if this card reader is working fine the card reader doesn’t have any brand name on it. The connection between the PC and the card is serial connection and still I am searching for a card but unfortunately I didn’t find one, so I cannot test the smart card reader is there any software that do this test for me over serial port.

Thank you in advance

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
akayed said:
Hi all

Recently I purchased a card reader from a shop I am not sure if this card reader is working fine the card reader doesn’t have any brand name on it. The connection between the PC and the card is serial connection and still I am searching for a card but unfortunately I didn’t find one, so I cannot test the smart card reader is there any software that do this test for me over serial port.

Thank you in advance

Not enough information in order to help you.
What does this card reader supposed to do?
Is it a programmer?
What are you hoping to achieve and what is your satellite receiver model and make?
Suggest to take it back to the shop and get a refund.