How to Connect AsiaSat C Band Single LNB to a Multiswitch?

sexydadee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none yet, I am planning to learn from this site.
My Location
United Arab Emirates
We have a 4 dish setup, 3 Ku Band and 1 C Band. We use a Triax 17 Input Multiswitch. What I am confused about is where to connect the C Band LNB among the 4 Inputs of the Multiswitch (Lo Band Vert, Lo Band Hori, Hi Band Vert, Hi Band Hori). Thanks in advance.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
sexydadee said:
We have a 4 dish setup, 3 Ku Band and 1 C Band. We use a Triax 17 Input Multiswitch. What I am confused about is where to connect the C Band LNB among the 4 Inputs of the Multiswitch (Lo Band Vert, Lo Band Hori, Hi Band Vert, Hi Band Hori). Thanks in advance.
If you are happy to just receive right hand circular signals you can just plug your current C-band LNB into Lo Vert, using all your current gear, but if you want both polarities you need a quad compatible multi-switch, and a twin port C-band LNB. Then you connect one port of the C-band LNB to Lo Vert and the other port to Lo Hori. It doesn't matter which goes where as both ports are the same. There is no Hi Vert or Hi Hori in C-band, nor a 22kHz tone so no need for more than a 2 port LNB.

sexydadee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Arab Emirates
Thanks very much for the reply Huevos. It will still work if I have a single output C Band LNB and use a splitter to split the signal and put one to Lo Vert and the other to Lo Hori right?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
sexydadee said:
Thanks very much for the reply Huevos. It will still work if I have a single output C Band LNB and use a splitter to split the signal and put one to Lo Vert and the other to Lo Hori right?
No, because the switch will not supply the correct voltage to switch into Hori polarization and multiple users will not be able to access the different polarisations independently.

sexydadee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Arab Emirates
I have the Eurostar ES-21+ Single C Band LNB, this LNB is not switchable by the Triax TMS 17xC?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Huevos is saying you cannot use a splitter in the way you describe as the voltage switching will not work

sexydadee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Arab Emirates
So how I will set it up so that I can also get the channels that are in the horizontal polarity? Do I need to change my LNB?