badajoz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
my sattalite is metronic
and my pc is pantum 3
My Location
spain
Hi there

actually i am a new in this field and i have no any idea about reciver pc connectivity ,but i am hoping to find someone to help me by giving some ideas about connecting the the reciver with pc.

for your information i have Metronic reciver (with 9 pin hub) and a very old fasion pc ,so i wonder if any one can answer these questions

1- how to connect the reciver with pc
2-the recommended cable for this connection (with the info writen in rear panel of the reciver RS232 directlly under the hub mentioned above.)
3- the rcomended software which enable me to upgrade the system of the reciver .
4- where can i find Metronic last updated software
5-is there any master software can do the process of the transformation of the data for the any sattalite disregard of the typeof the reciverfor example ,a software which can make the upgrade for the reciver system if it is Metronic ,nokia or any other type.

thanke you .
best regard

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
badajoz said:
Hi there

actually i am a new in this field and i have no any idea about reciver pc connectivity ,but i am hoping to find someone to help me by giving some ideas about connecting the the reciver with pc.

for your information i have Metronic reciver (with 9 pin hub) and a very old fasion pc ,so i wonder if any one can answer these questions

1- how to connect the reciver with pc
Use a null modem cable

2-the recommended cable for this connection (with the info writen in rear panel of the reciver RS232 directlly under the hub mentioned above.)
Use a null modem cable

3- the rcomended software which enable me to upgrade the system of the reciver .
Search the internet

4- where can i find Metronic last updated software
Search the internet. Start with the maker website.

5-is there any master software can do the process of the transformation of the data for the any sattalite disregard of the typeof the reciverfor example ,a software which can make the upgrade for the reciver system if it is Metronic ,nokia or any other type.
No. Every receiver need a dedicated software.
Using the wrong software can kill the receiver

thanke you .
best regard

Please see answers above.

badajoz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
my sattalite is metronic
and my pc is pantum 3
My Location
spain
Hi HB13DISH

THank you for respons

can you just give some info about maker website.

and what is it and what can i find on it
other question
is there a diffrent between the software of the specifide reciver softwae for the system itself and the software which fullfil the download process from the internet to the reciver
thanks
best regard

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
In this forum we don't use titles, but just for your information it is a Mr. (have deleted the titles from your post)
You have to search yourself the internet, as I don't have your receiver.
No idea what your other question means.:)