• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

how to convert update keys to bin file

My Satellite Setup
Starsat 250cu
Toshiba satellite
My Location
Iraq-Baghdad
I downloaded latest keys but they are not in a .bin .sgn and the loader says wrong file .How can I convert this file so I can load it?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
notused said:
I downloaded latest keys but they are not in a .bin .sgn and the loader says wrong file .How can I convert this file so I can load it?
Well what format does the loader expect then?

My Satellite Setup
Starsat 250cu
Toshiba satellite
My Location
Iraq-Baghdad
That is a good question.I wish i knew. it will only open when you right click, it gives the option to view in notepad and looks like what a bin hex format looks like. the file may be able able to be changed or renamed as a bin file I just do not know how.the other file opens and looks like a bunch of screwed up symbols in notpad it may be corrupt there is no file association with it either.The loader will not load it but the connection is good because it will write an update to the Reciever.I have been out of the game since the HU were replaced with the P4 on D*V.I have forgot alot and trying to play around with the FTA recievers .

My Satellite Setup
Starsat 250cu
Toshiba satellite
My Location
Iraq-Baghdad
it says it is an ANSI file in notepad when you are trying to open it in file options

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
IDD CI24 ECONO MM Penta 1.20 Galaxy II
1.2Mtr Polar MTG yes it has been on the arc for 25 years and is now fixed on 13 East using two pairs of rusty molegrips. Unlike me they never groan but always perform.
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Are you not able to get a file suitable for the starsat at another site?

have a read of this thread