how to download

durangparang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
what kind of stb can be use in philippines for free channel in dream tv.i have dish ku band and i get a good signal from agila 2.but my problem all channel is encrypted.i use star sat reciever..what kind i used to buy to all channel in dream tv for f
My Location
paranaque philippines
im a first timer for downloading satellite receiver software..what tools or equipment to do downloading?.i have RS232 cable wire only and PC computer but dont have RS232 port.only USB port it is possible working by using usb port type?..what else do i need?.:p

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
What software are you intending downloading? from where? and more importantly what stb do you have? The days of downloading keys are gone the systems are now too secure

wium

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C and Ku
My Location
South Africa
This is a very interesting subject.
I have got a satellite receiver with an USB port and enquire the procedure to follow should i have to download upgrade/software to USB memory.

durangparang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
what kind of stb can be use in philippines for free channel in dream tv.i have dish ku band and i get a good signal from agila 2.but my problem all channel is encrypted.i use star sat reciever..what kind i used to buy to all channel in dream tv for f
My Location
paranaque philippines
i have receiver mediacom model mirage plus and starsat SR-B1.i try to download them using RS232 to USB port of my computer.im using RS232 USB converter.my computer dont have RS232 port thats why i used RS232 usb converter.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Why are you trying to change the software anyway? If you are hoping to get free pay tv you are probably wasting your time.

durangparang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
paranaque philippines
where can get any software?..im asking it is possible working if im using RS232 converted usb port.my computer dont have RS 232 port i try it but not working no software found.can help me how to do.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Havent got the faintest idea Im afraid :D

However these usb - serial converters are notoriously unreliable at the best of times.

And you havent answered my question - WHY are you trying to change the firmware? What are you hoping to achieve.

durangparang

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
paranaque philippines
my intension is know how to download it and how it works....i dont have intension to get free channel from encrypted.

wium

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
C and Ku
My Location
South Africa
Regarding my posting of a week ago can someone please advise me on how to download software to USB memory.Thanks,

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
It depends on your receiver, and the software you're downloading. I have to format my USB Memory stick to FAT 32, for the receiver to see it, and a lot of software is in compressed files, zip or rar, which require Winzip, Winrar, or a utility like 7-zip to uncompress it before loading.
Check your receivers instruction manual.

jason_1124

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CROW SCH-1000 digital satellite receiver
My Location
Kingdom of Saudia Arabia
oh no! that is why there are no software available for a week now!! Are there any chances?? Im from Saudia.ty
Topper said:
What software are you intending downloading? from where? and more importantly what stb do you have? The days of downloading keys are gone the systems are now too secure

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
durangparang said:
my intension is know how to download it and how it works....i dont have intension to get free channel from encrypted.

In that case leave well alone ! Its far too easy to wreck the receiver if you dont know what you are doing and start tinkering.

The principle is very simple - you put modified software onto the receiver which contains decryption keys and you get to watch some pay tv channels for free. This doesnt work for all services and I havent got the faintest idea of whats possible in the Phillipines area.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
jason_1124 said:
oh no! that is why there are no software available for a week now!! Are there any chances?? Im from Saudia.ty

There is only 1 guaranteed way to get access to pay tv services and that is to pay a subscription for them. If the services mean that much to you then you should be paying a legitimate subscription.

jason_1124

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CROW SCH-1000 digital satellite receiver
My Location
Kingdom of Saudia Arabia
Youre right sir, Im willing to pay the services but the thing is Jazeera sports and Showsports channel were all I want and these are 2 different services. Double pay bills that will cost huge for me. Arrgh!!
Analoguesat said:
There is only 1 guaranteed way to get access to pay tv services and that is to pay a subscription for them. If the services mean that much to you then you should be paying a legitimate subscription.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I dont have any sympathy. If you want the services then pay for them. Or do without. The choice is yours.

Its well known pay tv piracy is out of control in the Middle East area. The providers are working hard to crack down on the problem and are all going to be tightening up their encryptions.