How to patch a Technosat?

Gentleman_1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream Box 7025+, Skystar2
My Location
UAE, Dubai
I have Technosat 6000 Plus and a loader called STB Link 5.01. The patch I got is called (CXCI_Ver_734up.bin) which is supposed to update its software but when I try to open this file, the STB link asks for a "ROM.bin" file and gives a message that the bin file is not the right ROM file but I know that all patches have a bin extension, so what is the problem here? am I missing something?

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Try a search on this site for your receiver as there is quite a bit of information relating to it in several threads. There you will see several members with a 6000 who have managed to patch them.

pharoanking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technosat 6000+
My Location
egypt
use the older STB Link 4 it will work v.good

Gentleman_1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE, Dubai
Ok but do you know where I can find it? and by the way do you know how to upgrade the receiver by remote? Where do you get your patches?

ajeshhail

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
kerala state
My Location
INDIA
Hi Gentleman,

please make a deep search in this site, u will get all the info about technosat receivers.

hope this will help u ....:-snowman

Gentleman_1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE, Dubai
Thanks, I did a search but I was lost in all the links and incomplete info that I found.....

ajeshhail

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
kerala state
My Location
INDIA
Hi Gentleman,

please try here

_http://www.croteam-sat.org/aploud/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=OTHER%20RECIEVERS%20(100%20Models%20Receivers)/TECHNOSAT%20RECEIVERS

use stb link4 to upgrade software:-Cbigsmil

Gentleman_1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE, Dubai
YES That is terrific. THANKS aheshhail !!!

altinxh

Reaction score
Hey people I found a good site to update my technosat dsrsoftware.com but has anyone a password???

ajeshhail

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
kerala state
My Location
INDIA
Hi altinxh,

password for dsrsoftware.com : user name: Dealers

password: Dealers123
:-snowman enjoy....:D:D

Gentleman_1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE, Dubai
The good news is that everything went well with update. The bad news is that no new channels were oppened including Multivision. No seca channels either. All what happened is that I lost all the favorites settings I had before and had to do it all over again....I am still looking for a way to update by remote to avoid losing any stored data.....

altinxh

Reaction score
Hey Gentleman, look at this site because is a channel and key editor _http://www.croteam-sat.org/aploud/index.php?&direction=0&order=mod&directory=OTHER%20RECIEVERS%20(100%20Models%20Receivers)/TECHNOSAT%20RECEIVERS

Gentleman_1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE, Dubai
Thanks, actually that is the same link by ajeshhail but is there somthing that lets me save all the settings in the receiver - including the favorites- to retrieve them back after I update??

ajeshhail

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
kerala state
My Location
INDIA
Gentleman_1 said:
Thanks, actually that is the same link by ajeshhail but is there somthing that lets me save all the settings in the receiver - including the favorites- to retrieve them back after I update??

Hi Gentleman,

first of all connect the receiver with pc, then put receiver in standby mode, select channel edit - file -read from receiver after few mts u can see all the channel data from your receiver on channel edit., minimize this then download latest version7371. with stb4 tool, switch off the receiver after good appears on the front panel. switch on again and put on "stndby" or "on" mode then channel edit-write into receiver. after few secnds all the channel data would be in your receiver. go to menu-User installation -parental lock then press 9911 from the R C U. after pressing 9911 u can see a red color button on the bottom will appear which indicates the patch is enabled and can watch the scrambled channels.

hope this will help u

:-snowman

Gentleman_1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE, Dubai
Thanks Ajeshhail this sounds interesting but It looks like I am missing something. First of all how to put the receiver on standby mode? I dont see such mode in my receiver unless you mean turn it on from the remote? and where to "select channel edit - file -read from receiver " I also couldnt find such an entry under "menu" in my receiver. Are u talking about Technosat 6000 plus? The only saving function I found was on the STB Link 4 where there is a button called: Read user data and one: Write factory data. Is that what you meant?