How To Setup A Linux PC Card Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
well I did as instructed, the file aliases had nothing in it, so I typed the replacement line, saved the file and re-booted. Sorry but no change, I still can't save any other files.

This fix is for network connectivity problems. I am surprised that the file did not exist on your system as it is one of the core files for the system, are you sure you did not mistype the name? In the network panel (from admin), check whether you have any IPv6 addresses, if not IPv6 is disabled.

woodseaves

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000HD S, Dreambox 7025i, Fibo 1.2 fixed on 7W, 90cm Motorised System.
My Location
Hereford
I really do want to master this linux, but if I can't find out how to manage the file system then there doesn't seem much point. I have tried Filezilla and Winscp but the results are the same. My file system did not have an aliases file so I couldn't disable ipv6. Any help obviously gratefully accepted.

Regards

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
If you are using Ubuntu, then most files cannot be accessed from your 'normal' login. To change any file you have to precede it with 'sudo' for example to edit most file you have to enter "sudo vi <filename>" otherwise you will not be able to write the file. You can check the permissions of a file by "ls -l filename" and it will show you the permissions on the file:r=read permission, w=write permisiion, x=execute permission. The first set is for the owner of the file, the second for the the group and the last for everybody. Typical settings will be "rwxr-xr-x" meaning the owner cab read,write and execute(only set when executable file) the file. The group members can read and execute and everybody can read,execute the file. Files that are owned by root can therefore not be written by the normal login and will need "sudo" in front of commands that will change the file.
I hope that sort of explains it.
You can make a file writeble by anybody by using chmod, but this is not recommended. chmod will have to be run as sudo as well.

woodseaves

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hereford
Thanks, I think I understand that, it appears that you are saying that to save a file to lets say usr/bin you need to do it via telnet, is this correct?

Don't bother to answer, I have managed to locate an idiots guide so I realise what a stupid question that was. Lots of reading to do, at least it looks interesting.

Thanks again

Bacon2002

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Various,
AMD 64 3.2, X850PCIE
My Location
London
Hi,

Please excuse my stupidity when it comes to Linux but does anyone know how to instal pcsc-tools on a ClarkConnect 5.0 system.

ClarkConnect seems to use "yum install" for this sort of installing thing but I have no idea how to install pcsc-tools.

I have set up CCcam 2.1.2 and NewCS 1.67 all is running OK except I am looking to use an Omnikey 3121, I have read I should check it is working with pcsc_scan but first I need pcsc-tools in order to do this?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
Transfer the file to the dreamox by your favourite method.
On windows, click "Start", then "Run", type "telnet <dreambox" and login with your dreambox username and password. This can also be done through DCC etc, but you need a telnet session.
In tlenet:
cd to the directory where you put the file on the dreambox. e.g. "cd /etc/pcsc".
type "ipkg install <filename of pcsc tools>" e.g. "ipkg install
Done.
For a complete guide read the threads B16MCC produced a complete guide on installation.

Bacon2002

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Various,
AMD 64 3.2, X850PCIE
My Location
London
shumifan50,

Thanks but unless I am mistaken your advice would help install the files onto a Dreambox where as I am trying to install these files onto a PC running Linux (ClarkConnect 5.0) via VMWare Player.

Thanks again though.

woodseaves

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hereford
Hi All,
Going right back to the first thread I have downloaded PCSC lite and installed it (many times) but when i type ./install for the omnikey driver it tells me that PCSC is not installed. Does PCSC need to be somewhere else, I have just typed ./configure to install it.

I've been trying for a few days now without success, any ideas?

Regards

woodseaves

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hereford
Lets try and simpliy my problem.

from all the threads it appears that only one other person has had the message that pcsc was not installed, if that is the case then i'm in deep s.h.1 t. but I don't think for one minute that that is the case. So how many have had to download pcsc-lite because it was not installed, better still how many have not had to download it because it was already installed. I started from a clean install of ubuntu so I assume pcsc-lite was not included. So I have to download it, apart from getting loads of warnings not to access the recommended site I did and downloaded it to the desktop. Now, where should it be installed to after unpacking, I have been unpacking to my home directory and installing from there. You all know the answer though it does not appear to be installed cause I still ge the answer pcsc-lite is not installed when I attempt to install the omnikey driver. If I am being a total a##se the tell me and nudge me in the right direction Please. A free omnikey reader to one who helps the most (i'll judge lol)
Regards

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
Its been a while since I set mine up and to be truthful it took me a couple of days not a couple of hours lol. As far as I remember I think when I downloaded the ifdokccid_lnx-3.5.1 folder I did not install it via telenet. If you look in the file there is a folder named install. I think you can double click on this to run the install.

Sorry I guess I am talking about the actual driver which requires pcsc lite to be installed first. I didnt need to download it so I think it must have been installed with the OS

woodseaves

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hereford
Thanks for your reply:

Yes I've done that, but why did it work for you and not me. It ain't fair

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
If you look in the directory where you unpacked the tar.gz file, and then in "install" there is a README file that has instructions on how to install and the pre-requisites. The install will fail obviously if any of the pre-requisites are not met.

woodseaves

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hereford
Thanks once again, earlier today I managed to get pcsc lite installed and recognised, I didn't take notes so I can't tell you exactly what I did. Even so when I input:

./newcs_167 -c /home/userfile/newcs/newcs.xml (where userfile is my directory)

I get stuck on a constant loop saying

loader reset failed
could not get decvice 0 (zero)
loader reset failed

Does this help

This is NewCS 1.61 - the New CardServer by the Butter-team..
Compiled on Aug 17 2008 at 22:00:43
Reading Config file from /home/eugene/newcs/newcs.xml
[ 18:31:34 ] [ Box detect ] Box type 1 (General Boxtype - PC compatible)
[ 18:31:34 ] [ Config ] Option <blockc0> for device 0 (Omnikey_3121) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 18:31:34 ] [ Config ] Option <crypto-special> for device 0 (Omnikey_3121) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 18:31:34 ] [ Config ] Option <PTShandshake> for device 0 (Omnikey_3121) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 18:31:34 ] [ Config ] Option <Seca-PPV> for device 0 (Omnikey_3121) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 18:31:34 ] [ Config ] 0 ECM priority: round
[ 18:31:34 ] [ httpd ] httpd-user: admin, password: admin, accesslevel: admin
[ NewCS ] Process ID is: 16663
Can't create server: Address already in use
[ 18:31:34 ] [ NewCS ] Ready to GO! :)

It keeps saying device not present, is this the problem, if so how do I remedy it? Please

woodseaves

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hereford
Well I've reinstalled ubuntu and followed this thread to the letter with no result, it's good to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't know the answer.

I think I'll take a break then have another go, my problem has got to be a simple one.

I need a mentor who will instruct me one step at a time so I can see where I am going wrong. A free reader is on offer. (tic)

Regards

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
woodseaves said:
Thanks once again, earlier today I managed to get pcsc lite installed and recognised, I didn't take notes so I can't tell you exactly what I did. Even so when I input:

./newcs_167 -c /home/userfile/newcs/newcs.xml (where userfile is my directory)

I get stuck on a constant loop saying

loader reset failed
could not get decvice 0 (zero)
loader reset failed

Does this help

This is NewCS 1.61 - the New CardServer by the Butter-team..
Compiled on Aug 17 2008 at 22:00:43
Reading Config file from /home/eugene/newcs/newcs.xml
[ 18:31:34 ] [ Box detect ] Box type 1 (General Boxtype - PC compatible)
[ 18:31:34 ] [ Config ] Option <blockc0> for device 0 (Omnikey_3121) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 18:31:34 ] [ Config ] Option <crypto-special> for device 0 (Omnikey_3121) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 18:31:34 ] [ Config ] Option <PTShandshake> for device 0 (Omnikey_3121) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 18:31:34 ] [ Config ] Option <Seca-PPV> for device 0 (Omnikey_3121) not present, defaulting to NO
[ 18:31:34 ] [ Config ] 0 ECM priority: round
[ 18:31:34 ] [ httpd ] httpd-user: admin, password: admin, accesslevel: admin
[ NewCS ] Process ID is: 16663
[ 18:31:34 ] [ NewCS ] Ready to GO! :)

It keeps saying device not present, is this the problem, if so how do I remedy it? Please
Why is it saying NewCs 1.61?

woodseaves

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hereford
Thats just what I needed a sharp pair of eyes, I've now got the right newcs.i etc.pcsc and the card is recognised when I run the script, fantastic, however I cant see the reader in the management console (8080) any ideas why?

this is where the script stops

NewCS ] Process ID is: 3245
[ 17:47:13 ] Calibrating delay loops
[ 17:47:13 ] usleep(5) takes: 0 s 5 us
[ 17:47:13 ] usleep(10) takes: 0 s 10 us
[ 17:47:13 ] usleep(100) takes: 0 s 101 us
[ 17:47:13 ] usleep(500) takes: 0 s 501 us
[ 17:47:13 ] Allocation memory for 200 regular users
[ 17:47:13 ] [ Loader ] Starting Telnet on port 1001
[ 17:47:13 ] bind: error! 13: Permission denied
[ 17:47:13 ] [ SockSrv ] Could not Bind to port 1001 EXITING!
[ 17:47:13 ] [ SockSrv ] Stopping port 1001
[ 17:47:13 ] [ SockSrv ] Server thread started
[ 17:47:13 ] [ Loader ] Reader type 9 on node 0
[ 17:47:13 ] [ CardMan ] Reseting reader parameters
[ 17:47:13 ] [ PC/SC ] Device 0: OmniKey CardMan 3121 00 00
[ 17:47:13 ] [ PC/SC ] Opening device OmniKey CardMan 3121 00 00

prenz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein UFS910, DM500, several ipboxes.
My Location
de
woodseaves said:
however I cant see the reader in the management console (8080) any ideas why?
[...]
[ 17:47:13 ] [ Loader ] Starting Telnet on port 1001
[ 17:47:13 ] bind: error! 13: Permission denied
[ 17:47:13 ] [ SockSrv ] Could not Bind to port 1001 EXITING!

Your problem is NewCS trying to bind to a privileged port (any port below or equal to 1024), which needs superuser credentials. Either run newcs as superuser (sudo newcs -c config) or better change the debug-port in the config-file to a port above 1024, e.g.:

Code:
<debug>
<password>NewCSpwd</password>
<mode>simple</mode>
<level>internal</level>
<type>all</type>
<output>console,tcp</output>
<tcp_port>[B][COLOR="Red"]1025[/COLOR][/B]</tcp_port>
<tcp_options>normal,init</tcp_options>
</debug>

@b16mcc: If memory serves, you have written an newcs config-creator. Wouldn't it be nice if your config-creator changed this port to a non-root port, so newbies would have one less obstacle?

woodseaves

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hereford
All up and running now, many thanks to all those who helped with special thanks to TomTheBomb.

jtyles

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD, HTPC and WHS
My Location
Lincolonshire
Hi,
I have just started down the road of getting sky working on my HTPC. I have a full HD sub with Sky. What I am aiming to do is share this card with two HTPC’s one with 2 DVB-S2 cards and the other with a single external DVB-S2. I have done quite a bit of research on this forum and over on AvForums. I have a clone dreambox 500s which I was intending to use to share my card but after seeing this thread I have had second thoughts. I have a couple of questions before I make my decision.

Will a server on a PC be more stable than using the DM500 as the card server?

I believe that mgcamd will pass entitlement updates for the new white card, if I run this on my 500 will it pass the updates on to the linux server?

If I am running hudu or Acamd on my HTPC’s can these connect directly to the Newcs, if I can is there any need to run Cccam on the server as I won’t be card sharing outside my LAN?

Thanks in advance, Jon.

woodseaves

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hereford
Hi,

Now that CCcam 2.13 works with the new card without Newcam does that mean that we have to make changes to our linux server if we want to change. I see from the other thread about the new white card people are talking about the Smargo and the CCcam config. Can someone who knows!!! explain the ins and outs of CCcam 2.13, the omnikey reader and our linux server?

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.