How to use USALS to find new Satellites in Arrox Free Tiger-x receiver?

method

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dtm box
Hi all.

I got Arrox free Tiger x receiver for past few years with a motor attached to it.(i can view hotbird and astra Free to Air channels without any problem).

The problem i have is that i want to view channels from a new Satellite using the motor but it doesn't list that satellite name in my receiver to select it(the motor already can switch between Astra and Hotbird without any problem and i can view all Hotbird and Astra FTA channels) .

I wonder how i can use USALS to move the motor to direction of those new satellites.i know that my dish can face those satellite but problem is that receiver doesn't list those satellites for me to select them !!
(I want to set the receiver to USALS and start scanning and storing new satellites but don't know how).

I hope this can be done without me having to align the dish manually as it would be difficult for me re align it manually!

Furthermore, whenever i try to scan for new channels from already satellites i get error that no space and memory is full! How to free some space without losing satellite alignment ? do you think memory problem doesn't allow the receiver to list all the new satellite names? How i can fix this memory issue ? i wish there was a manual for this receiver !

I hope some expert help me fix these problems. Looking forward for replies.Thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Older receivers did not have much memory, so you ned to weed out unwanted Channels, dead TPs etc.

Once you have some space, then you need to Add Satellite.

How you do that should be instinctive (operative word "should"!!).

Part of Add Satellite will be to enter the nominal position, then after that is stored, USALS should find it ok.

BTW, which Satellite is it? I mean, names have changed over the years and you might just find that the correct one is already stored, but with an out of date label.

method

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dtm box
Thanks for your reply. As you mentioned i deleted all channels and re scanned now the space is full error is gone! But still dont know how to tell me receiver to rotate the dish toward 26E ARABSAT 5B (BADR 5) | BADR-4 (ARABSAT-4:cool: | BADR-6 ! how i can utilize USALS so it finds that satellite for me and rotate the dish toward it ! Unfortunately i am not good at motorized dish alignment so i be happy if you help me here.Looking forward for your reply.Thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well I suspect we need to establish if there is any point even trying, first: Can you please state location and dish size?

method

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dtm box
NL ,i don't know the exact dish size but it is big one that used to receive arabsat channels 2 years ago ! problem is now those channels moved to badr satellite from arabsat2a and arabsat2b and i cant tell me receiver to look for badr satellite.I am sure i got the right dish size and right LNB since i was receiving arabsat channels few years ago!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well if you used it for 2A/2B, just Edit that old "Satellite" ........ rename it to BADR if you wish (It's just a dumb label), confrim (or alter) Postion to 26E and update the Transponder list to correlate with _http://www.flysat.com/badr.php

Don't forget, your Receiver's "Satellites" are no more than simple data tables.

method

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dtm box
well my receiver has no option of renaming satellites names!! Any ways the name is not important but how to tell me receiver to rotate the dish toward badr ? what information should i input to receiver ? and where in receiver menu i can fill those data ? do you think the dish needs alignment manually ?

i was thinking USALS make the motorized dish alignment automatic but dont know how to use USALS for my receiver ! i am not even sure if my receiver supports USALS technology ! is there a way to find out ? i even can't find a manual for this receiver !!!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
If it is right that your Receiver has no means of adding or editing "Satellites" and may not support USALS then your best option might be to get a more modern inexpensive DVB - S Receiver to replace it.

Sounds like you are trying to get a relic to work like state-of-the-art!

PS: I take it you are "bob99" elsewhere ................ too much of a coincidence if you're not!

method

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dtm box
my samsung smart tv got modern receiver bulit in but i dont know how to utilize USALS in that too! could you tell me the steps of USALS utilization to find satellite positions ?

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
First of all, you need to determine whether the TV has USALS capability (sometimes called DiSEqC 1.3).

After that, you simply "Send To Reference" (Motor Zero), input your Latitude and Longitude, enable USALS either universally (if that is what the system allows) or per Satellite and you are good to go, depending of course upon whether the dish is correctly installed.

method

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dtm box
My tv has these options so i assume it supports USALS:

●LNB Settings: Configures the outdoor equipment.
–– Satellite: Selects the satellite for receiving digital broadcasts.
–– Transponder: Selects a transponder from the list or adds a new
transponder.
–– DiSEqC Mode: Selects DiSEqC mode for the selected LNB.
–– Lower LNB Oscillators: Sets the LNB oscillators to a lower frequency.
–– Upper LNB Oscillators: Sets the LNB oscillators to a higher frequency.
–– Tone 22 kHz (Off / On / Auto): Selects the Tone 22 kHz depending on the
LNB type. For a universal LNB it should be Auto.
–– Signal Quality : Display the current status of broadcasting signal.

● Positioner Settings: Configures the antenna positioner.
Positioner (On / Off): Enables or disables the positioned control.
Positioner Type (USALS / DiSEqC 1.2): Sets the positioned type between
DiSEqC 1.2 and USALS(Universal Satellite Automatic Location System).
–– My Longitude: Sets the longitude for my location.
–– My Latitude: Sets the latitude for my location.
–– Satellite Longitude Settings: Sets the longitude of user defined satellites.

Well i think the dish is installed correctly since currently i can view hotbid channels and astra channels and motor rotates!Before start using my tv built in satellite tuner instead of my receiver should i position it toward hotbird ?

could you explain to me how i can do this step :"Send To Reference" (Motor Zero)?

how to get the accurate Latitude and Longitude ? is that Latitude and Longitude of the satellite that i want to view or is it the Latitude and Longitude of actual dish location ?

The samsung smart tv has many options but i dont know in which order i need to modify the settings to i can utilize the motor and receive all satellite channels !

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
You really need to investigate your menu settings and find the appropriate functions for yourself - there are so many different bits of kit out there that it simply is not possible for any regular contributor to give you dedicated instructions.

The Lat/Long required is that of your own location. There are a great many resources for establishing it eg Maps, Google ....