Humax 5400 help!!

furies76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m dish ,0.2lnb, phoenix
My Location
UK
Hi!
I don't know a lot about receivers. I know this is forum for HD receivers, but is the only one that i could find on technomate.
I got TV Slovenia card which is viaccess encrypted. I'm planning to buy Humax 5400 with multicard reader and cam slot.
question: If i put card in the multicard reader, would that unlock the channels or do i need to buy viaccess cam . Put that in the slot and than stick the card in????

Thank you very much in advance for all the answers

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I have moved your post from Technomate HD as your question is about a Humax stb which has nothing to do with Technomate or indeed HD.

What satellite were you wanting to watch it on as there is FTA Slovenian TV on Hotbird 8 at 13 East
_http://www.lyngsat.com/hb8.html

in answer to your question, I doubt such a very old stb like the Humax 5400 will be running a multicrypt emulation that supports The latest versions of Viacess 2.5 and 2.6

gerryl

Reaction score
Topper said:
I have moved your post from Technomate HD as your question is about a Humax stb which has nothing to do with Technomate or indeed HD.

What satellite were you wanting to watch it on as there is FTA Slovenian TV on Hotbird 8 at 13 East
_http://www.lyngsat.com/hb8.html

in answer to your question, I doubt such a very old stb like the Humax 5400 will be running a multicrypt emulation that supports The latest versions of Viacess 2.5 and 2.6

Humax 5400 has Irdeto Card slot and x2 Cam slots and only reads Irdeto Cards...if you wish to use any other cards you will need additional Cams (Multi or decicated CAM's)...why bother with Hummy when ye can get 'very' cheap 'Linux' based STB's with multi card slot?

fawad

Reaction score
humax 5400 is 8 year old receiver, chose a new one ,,,, it was a good but now,,