Humax 5400 Hot Patch 100% Working

benny

Reaction score
Hi,
The new Hot patch is working 100% . Sly & D+ all working.

Many people have tested this file. But when i uploaded to hummie, I got a few errors right at the end of the upload. But even with the error all the important code must have got through ok.

Benny

loop25

Reaction score
benny said:
Hi,

Many people have tested this file. But when i uploaded to hummie, I got a few errors right at the end of the upload. But even with the error all the important code must have got through ok.

Benny

i have tried it now, could u tel me the new keys for this D+

plz

thanks

loop25 )(-red

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
benny said:
Hi,

Benny

Doe's it do C*nax?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Yes it does do Conax, and Nagravision, Viaccess and Irdeto. Not sure about TPSCrypt though

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
But you have to have a card or cam+card don't you?
The keys+emulator isn't integrated in the firmware or is it?

I have no 5400,just a curious Humax fan.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
No card, no Cam. Once the Humax is patched to the right level, the emulator guides the receiver to make the right decisions on decoding the channels.

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden
Sounds great,just like the Coship 2300a then.But the Coship only does via,nagra 1,seca 1 and irdeto 1.

Pity that kind of patches aren't available for my Humax 8100,quality receiver with a great sensitive tuner though.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The 5400 is from the old school, one of the 'double agents', worked very well for all sides, (manufacturer - for sales and VT approvals, and broadcaster - for customer take up of content using Viaccess), until its true nature became apparent. Its chipset is very much like a sponge, able to soak up anything thats thrown at it. Its age (in terms of digital reception) means that a lot of people are familiar with its internals and can exploit its true potential.

For now it has a much better following than the new kid on the block, and this is quite likely to remain, only the hard disk recording appears to be missing to most, but a VCR still works. Why record something though if the same programme is available on another package a few hours later though ?

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
Channel Hopper said:
The 5400 is from the old school, one of the 'double agents', worked very well for all sides, (manufacturer - for sales and VT approvals, and broadcaster - for customer take up of content using Viaccess), until its true nature became apparent.

Out of interest Channel Hopper, would you put the sammy DSR9500 in the same category? Was there some commonality between them...- cts

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden
IF I should stumble over a second hand 5400 the 5400z is to avoid buying isn't it?!?

The 5400 has been around for many years hasn't it? Is Diseqc 1.2 available in all models?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
closetosoton said:
Out of interest Channel Hopper, would you put the sammy DSR9500 in the same category? Was there some commonality between them...- cts

The Sammy has a similar card slot system, however it was introduced into the market later as a true Viacess receiver, after all the hoo har had happened with approvals.

From memory the 9500 cannot be patched in a way that allows Irdeto decryption without a separate CAM and so it is a stage lower on the hackers list as the Humax. Not a bad receiver though, The double embedded slot has the advantage of running a card and emulator system without the pain of getting out of the armchair to swop things over.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
steffan_st said:
IF I should stumble over a second hand 5400 the 5400z is to avoid buying isn't it?!?

The 5400 has been around for many years hasn't it? Is Diseqc 1.2 available in all models?

1.2 DiSEqC is available on all models. There are however many variants of the 5400Z introduced by Humax to pacify the satellite broadcast companies. The earlier were simply firmware adjustments to prevent the COM port slot from functioning, the latter had more serious hardware mods. So its a bit of a gamble. If hacking is your thing then make sure the receiver is patchable before handing over the cash.

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sweden
Channel Hopper said:
1.2 DiSEqC is available on all models. There are however many variants of the 5400Z introduced by Humax to pacify the satellite broadcast companies. The earlier were simply firmware adjustments to prevent the COM port slot from functioning, the latter had more serious hardware mods. So its a bit of a gamble. If hacking is your thing then make sure the receiver is patchable before handing over the cash.

Thank's for the info! Hacking is no problem for me but it will not be easy to know which model to buy.