Humax Foxsat HD Problems?

Traveller11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Sat Dishes, Pace Sky Box, Freesat-HD Box & HD TV.
My Location
South Wales
Hello,
Just installed a Humax Foxsat HD Box and whilst I was able to enjoy the channel 'Horse & Country' on a Sky box with the £20 Card fitted, on the Humax Foxsat HD box it tells me the 'Channel is unavailable or scrambled'

Is this correct or am I on the wrong satellite?

I also cannot get the channel '5 USA' as my wife likes the program NCIS but I think this is not available on Freesat yet?

The sat dish is currently aligned to the satellite for Sky with a good Signal Strength and Quality and I am in the UK.

Any help for a novice would be appreciated.
Thank you.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It's definitely free to air, just tested on my Sky digibox without the card inserted. Perhaps you have an alignment problem.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The "Five" offshoots are, as you correctly surmise, not on Freesat yet (If ever) and remain Encrypted.

No idea about Horse & Country! :-deadhorse

Edit: Found it! Whilst FTA, it isn't on the Freesat EPG. You'll need to go into non-Freesat mode and it is on 12560 V 27500 2/3

Traveller11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Sat Dishes, Pace Sky Box, Freesat-HD Box & HD TV.
My Location
South Wales
Appreciate your help Tivu.
After I 'plumb' this in I can sit down and enjoy a bag of Carrots before mimicking Bugs Bunny.

To 'rolfw'
I can also get it without the card on my Sky Digi Box but not on the Humax Box but it did not appear to be an alignment problem not with 85% Strength and 80% Quality!

Thanks guys.