Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox
WINTV Nova S USB
Humax FoxSat HD
My Location
Merseyside
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has found a use for the USB or Network sockets on the back of this receiver?
Seems a bit pointless to include them in the cost, if they cannot be used.
Being able to connect this receiver up to a computer seems to offer "Interesting" possibilites. :)

Anyone found any use or even software that could make use of these connections?

Thanks!

4dbennett

lifes not a practice run
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SPIDERBOX 9000HD, 1.2 and Humax Foxsat HD,Hitachi L500HDD
Acer Aspire 5315 Lappy
My Location
torfaen south wales
Tumen said:
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has found a use for the USB or Network sockets on the back of this receiver?
Seems a bit pointless to include them in the cost, if they cannot be used.
Being able to connect this receiver up to a computer seems to offer "Interesting" possibilites. :)

Anyone found any use or even software that could make use of these connections?

Thanks!

No mate my box updates automatically through the satellite, so as you say pretty useless usb ports unless someone else can tell us different ??

regards dave

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I think the network sockets are currently software disabled. They will come ino use once Freesat starts to integrate with BBC Iplayer which should be in the nmext year or so..

tonywb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HD+, also a Free to Air Sat Receiver, PC and Laptop networked using Orange Livebox. addition wireless router connecting external hardrive, memory sticsk etc.
My Location
Cheshire, UK
HI,

Use the USB for plugging in memory sticks. It works fine. You can then copy files between your recorders hard drive and the memory stick.

Cheers

Tonywb

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The previous posts are from over six months ago - at that point the sockets were disabled.

tonywb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Foxsat HD+, also a Free to Air Sat Receiver, PC and Laptop networked using Orange Livebox. addition wireless router connecting external hardrive, memory sticsk etc.
My Location
Cheshire, UK
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Is this Forum in use. I have managed to use the USB connections. I have used them for adding memory sticks and I have also added a large external USB hard drive which I have been able to copy files to. What I am now trying to do is set up the network port. I am hoping to connect this to a wireless hub. In the set up menu of the Foxsat it seems to allow you to set up the IP address and DNS etc. and implies that is can also be set up with DHCP. I have tried connecting the sat recorder to the hub with a USB cable but this does not work.

Regards

Tonywb

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Well the network port on the foxsat is active as its now used for the Iplayer function. There was a bug on the network software in that you had to leave it on automatic ip & dhcp, dont know if that has been fixed yet.

Get iplayer working first then you can think about other functionality.

erwee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Freesat HD
My Location
London
Hi Analogue

As i understand it, my Humax Foxsat HD freeview receiver should have its network port enabled and allow me to get to iPlayer. I've tried both STATIC & DHCP to setup the netowork config but there seems to be nothing coming over the pipe (i know here is a connection on the line cuz my laptop uses it). My Broadband runs at least 4mb/s.

Box software version 1.00.26 and Loader software U 7.22

Yet with all said above, still no BBC love ?? When i press the RED button, it keeps telling me "Setup iPlayer", but no iPlayer option ever appears. (assuming cuz of the lack of network connection)

Am i missing anything?

Thanks

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
If you get the iPlayer option at the bottom of the menu when you press the red button then the network is recognised, if it's not there then it's not.

Have you physically checked the cable with your laptop? Don't forget to disable the wireless when you do it.

Has the Foxsat been out of action for a while and missed an over-the-air update?