JMW

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.9m Dish
Invacom quad lnb
BigSat BS-S 501 xtra Freesat Box, Pace Skybox DS440N, Humax Foxsat - HDR
My Location
Costa Blanca South
Hi, I have tried to add a radio channel to my list - Heart Radio on 11222 H 27490. I went in on Manual Tune the transponder number I wanted wasn't there so I had to add it. I did so and then saved as asked. The box searched for the channel and found quite a lot on this number including Heart Radio. Unfortunately when I tried the normal BBC and ITV etc they had all disappeared. I thought that I would be able just to add channels as I could on my previous freesat box but it doesn't seem like I can. Can anyone help or should I do without Heart Radio. Thanks

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
If Heart Radio isn't part of the Freesat line-up then it has to be added in non-Freesat mode. In non-Freesat mode you have to add every channel you want to view - none are carried across from Freesat. So, unless you do a scan for all the channels you want in non-Freesat mode then you have to change back to Freesat for your normal channels.

It's a bit of a dog's dinner and caused, I believe, by Freesat's very prescriptive orders of what is allowed, and what's not, for Freesat logo'd receivers. Personally, I would just add channels that I can't receive in Freesat mode and then flip back and forth as required.