Humax Foxsat issue

Stevieray

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax FoxSat Freesat via a Sony Bravia KDL37 W5810
My Location
Bromley, Kent
I've read through all the posts but my problem maybe slightly different. Most of the time for instance i can receive BBC1's HD channel but can only occasionally receive it's normal (non HD) channel possibly although i'm not sure, because the HD channel sends a stronger signal.

Just to say initially, i usually get a far better picture via Freesat than i do through the Freeview built into the TV although the signal may only last for a few mins or sometimes even last for a number of hours but then the picture starts to go and i eventually get the dreaded 'No or Bad Signal' message across the screen. Where my problem may be slightly different is if i play around with the connection at the back of the 'box' from the dish i can usually rectify the problem for a while until the signal decides to go again.

Do you think this is a receiver or a connection problem?

Many thanks.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Stevieray said:
Do you think this is a receiver or a connection problem?

Many thanks.

Well firstly, how old is the cabling? if it has been damaged you could have water ingress. Secondly how precise is the connection from the lnb, if you are able to jiggle around with the F connector to regain the picture this suggests a broken central core or a central core not always connecting with the female connector on the receiver, through oxide build up, which is often caused by water ingress.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Could be a combination of factors, iffy connection/connections and badly aligned dish. On one occasion I found that the installer had cut the centre core of the coax cable too short and it was periodically losing electrical contact.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
It might be a dry joint in the receiver, in or near the tuner .