Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HD PVR
Sky - basic package
Basic Sky dish - Quad LMB
Pioneer 43 - inch Plasma - Pioneer 7.1 DD surround system - Kef Q series
My Location
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Hi guys. Start by saying what a very interesting site this is - a great help in getting a better signal from the old dish last weekend!

Anyways, I'm looking to install 90cm (ish) motorised dish to the Humax "freesat" HD receiver to play around with the non freesat mode.
My house faces East (can just about get 5 degrees W of Due south - if that makes sense - oh and I'm in Newcastle Upon Tyne).
I have a valid Sky subscription (basic 22 p/m until I can tear the wife off Living TV and the kids off Jetix !
1. Does anyone know of CAM compatability and / or recommend a specific brand for future flexibility for the Humax HD Pvr. ( I see many posts in the Cams sections are rather old) - Yes an ambiguous question since quite a few satellites in the East but I'm just looking to increase the viewing options - movies, sport. Really just want to get started and am sure will soon get bitten by the bug and delve further.

2. Another one to ask - could the Sky viewing card be used in the CAM (my sky box is old and powers down occasionally so don't want to have to buy another one and being an electronics engineer I can't be bothered to take a look at it)

3. Last one while I'm here... Would Channel 4 HD be available anywhere with a CAM / card even if not subscribed to Sky Hd but still have a regular basic Sky subscription?

I realise a lot of questions and it's a HUMAX but if anyone could recommend a good starting point (keep it clean please...) then that would be great.
Much appreciated. Keep up the great work.
Graeme

CoolHandPuke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
currently standard sky minimum entertainment package, through standard dish and standard Panasonic reciever
My Location
England
It seems this site has gone kind of quiet lately or in fact there is no-one who knows the answer ALTHOUGH I DOUBT THAT!

I too am looking to use my existing sky subscription with my Humax Foxsat HDR reciever. All I want to do initially is put in the cam to the CI slot insert the sky viewing card and be able to watch all of the subscribed channels in non freesat mode!

Just to help the OP I know this CAN be done and have read pages and pages of forum posts on the subjuect, but as a COMPLETE novice myself I am wary of tackling this without a VER BASIC guide to what is needed to be done!

I am under the impression that a T-Rex CAM will do exactly what we want it to do so I am initatially just going to buy one stick it in the machine and see what happens!!!

PLEASE PLEASE any of you techies on here that can help do give us some info or even a link to a tutorial elsewhere it will be greatly appreciated

Regards

NOOBIE