Humax HDR 1000s Secret Menu

dcs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised with humax
My Location
scotland
I would be grateful for advice regarding my Humax HDR 1000S. I cannot find the secret menu for controlling a motorised dish (in the way that one can with the Foxsat model). I have found the hidden menu for CRID etc but not for motorised settings. How is the menu for the dish control opened please ?

Thank you

david

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
As far as I know (Not got the 1000S as my Original HDR isn't broken yet), DiSEqC 1.2 and Motor Control aren't supported on the 1000S: They certainly weren't at the time the Model was launched last year, though I understand they are "in the pipeline".

Only DiSEqC 1.0 and 2.0 are included natively (Detection occurs during Installation, so presumably any changes require re-Installation).

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
You might be able to get an difinitive answer from graham North at Humax. He should be able to confirm if Humax actively works on features that sell more stock than the standard - meh ! - specification.

Then again he might not.

dcs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
Thank you for the replies. I assumed that since the older models supported it, the newer one would do so and improve on it rather than going backwards. It is looking like a rather inaccurate / naive assumption.

What would be the best way to contact Graham North please ? Does he have an e-mail address that is available ?

david

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The thing is, these boxes are generally adaptations of similar hardware manufactured for wider distribution (ie not just for the UK market) so Freesat capable firmware is integrated at a later stage of development rather than being native. Clearly adding in anything other than the bare essential non-Freesat features is going to be a low priority as the main aim is to produce a mass-market box that your Granny can drive. The Freesat spec. requires non-Freesat mode to be implemented for 28E, but any multi-Sat stuff is a bonus.

dcs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
Thank you again.
I just did not expect the capability to reduce. It looks as though i have to either not use the motorised function or purchase another receiver, neither option is ideal.

I did install with a fixed dish so it might be worth re-installing with the motorised one in case it can recognise this and free up a hidden "hidden" menu

david

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
dcs said:
Thank you for the replies. I assumed that since the older models supported it, the newer one would do so and improve on it rather than going backwards. It is looking like a rather inaccurate / naive assumption.

What would be the best way to contact Graham North please ? Does he have an e-mail address that is available ?

david
They do eventually reply

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/humax-support

so you may be in luck from the link above.

Or have a go at this guy

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/ben-dunnett/13/999/a25

If no response, come back here and I'll sharpen the axe. :-rub

Ah scrap that, he quit.

Go for the throat, that is, if you are a willing subscriber to twatter

https://twitter.com/North_Graham